DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Vince Russo, probably thinking he isn't likeable enough on his own, decided to get the one podcast guest who everyone agrees is a ray of sunshine to brighten up that show: Bill DeMott.

And on that show, Bill had this to say:

"I always use the term it’s never the quarterback, it’s the coach. Millennials, I think right that’s what this generation is called the millennials. I think it’s in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement.

I guess it’s old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that’s all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don’t know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that’s a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: ‘What do we do when they don’t like that?’ And I want to walk out because I’m not going to learn anything if I’m still trying to figure out.

It’s tough, it’s going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow.”

........what?

I love the mentality that if you want fair treatment and an equal opportunity as everyone else, you're "entitled".

And especially in that line of work...like I don't understand how you could get to the top of that mountain without busting your balls

If there is even a slight chance that I going to have a mid-life crisis on the scale of Chris Jericho's, I am just going to kill myself at 39.

• Like 1

And I was just thinking it's been a while since Chikara let alone KoT.  Going to have to check this out.  Is it IPPV or DVD only?

Last year it wasn't an iPPV, but they had it available for digital download fairly quickly, I think.  This year we're probably still too far away to be sure, but I'm not expecting an iPPV.

Well, while we're baiting legendary wrestling badasses, is there anyone else who kinda bristles at all those Haku/Meng "tough guy" stories about bitings and eye-gougings? I mean, he's not scary because hes' a toughy guy; he's scary because he's a brick shithouse who fights like a child.