DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Snowed In 1-26-15

MGFanJay

The way Paul talked down to Reigns and took on the smiley, sing-song tone when he would mention his family. That whole long monolog. So amazing.

I almost think a better line to answer "I don't respect you." would have been "I' don't care."

That would've been good too. His actual line was nice though. I'm not sure if these were actually live or just pre-taped "live", but Roman came off very well as opposed to in-ring "live". Maybe for normal promos he's being scripted/bullet pointed too much and just needs to find a natural delivery with not as many points to hit. Sometimes it's better to be an artist rather than a session man. Maybe we'll find out, hopefully sooner than later.

That would've been good too. His actual line was nice though. I'm not sure if these were actually live or just pre-taped "live", but Roman came off very well as opposed to in-ring "live". Maybe for normal promos he's being scripted/bullet pointed too much and just needs to find a natural delivery with not as many points to hit.

As Clooney told Damon in Ocean's Eleven:  Don't use ten words when three will do.  With Reigns--some freedom in the script, better results.

The only problem I had with the Reigns interview overall was the line about "I'm beating you at Wrestlemania and even if I don't, I'm taking a piece of you with me." 

NO. You're supposed to be a confident ass kicking up and comer.  There is no IF.  You just tell the guy "I AM going to beat you."  Even if you have doubt, you don't let Brock Lesnar know you have doubt. To Brock Lesnar, doubt in yourself is like the gravy on an already delicious meal. 

After the weather segment with JBL, I pretty much skipped everything on the DVR until the Dean interview and final segment with Roman, Brock, & Heyman. That final segment was fantastic and sold me on the idea of Brock vs. Roman more than ever. Still don't think it should be at Wrestlemania, but it was well done. Roman came off pretty well and like he will really be proving something. Whats more I thought they did well kind of leaving open the possibility Reigns might actually lose. I know it won't happen, but I hope Brock has secretly already been signed for another year, and they have Roman lose this year, only to succeed in a rematch at next year's Wrestlemania,

Anyone else notice that weird little off hand comment about how the authority was planning Rusev/Cena for WM, but it is being moved up to Fastlane?

I'm starting to think we get Bryan/Cena now.

I don't know how much juice there is in that match storywise (they really did everything with it the first time around.  The lack of respect "not worthy of being slapped" paying off when Bryan slapped him during the match, Bryan getting the clean win, all that jazz.)  I know Cena never got his rematch, but without the belt that's not much of a big deal.

On the other hand, that was my MOTY, it's probably my two favorite full-time in-ring guys in the world, and I'd damn sure love to see it happen again.

It could always be a no. 1 contenders match.

B8VCijiCMAAp8hU.jpg

In a vacuum, without knowing any of the meta bullshit, you'd think this was the build up to something awesome.

It could still be pretty awesome. Brock is Brock, and Roman can be carried to greatness. It's not like he was dragging down all those awesome Shield matches.

Really liked the sitdown interviews except for Bryan's. He came off like a whiny shitbag. Heyman was absolutely fantastic in the final segment and that staredown was some good shit.

Also, Dean proving that piranesi's stories are legit had me in tears.

• Like 1

We found our solution to the build.  Heyman just talks for both guys, while the two wrestlers just fucking destroy everyone in their path.

can we have Brock Lesnar and Heyman crash a Samoan family reunion on a future RAW?

Keep up.  We are already all-in on the Brock Lesnar Samoan Smashing Tour '15.

They gotta have Brock dig up Yokozuna's casket and tow it with a semi.

That final promo was all sorts of awesome. Lesnar & Reigns both came off properly badass, loved it. Definite great job making the match seem like the big deal it should be. Made me wish they could go forward without worrying about negative crowd response to it. Would be cool to see Brock retain and probably do a good bit for Reigns but I doubt it. Brock was great in both his interviews. Reigns felt like a star in the end. Looking forward to their match a lot as of now even it does remain booed all the way through.

Paul Heyman is the greatest talker of all time.  Tonight's segment just proved it.  He didn't say one word that sounded remotely rehearsed and almost convinced me that last night's bullshit wasn't really bullshit. 

Reigns still needs work.  His one-on-one was still horrible and he needs to learn to fucking say no to that "People can cheer or boo whoever they want" bullshit.  Telling Lesnar "You will respect me" was the only genuine thing to come out of his mouth in months. 

I hate to even fantasy book since WWE is too stupid to come up with anything original anymore, but if Lesnar is done, I don't think you can go wrong with Roman turning, aligning with Paul and running roughshod over everybody. Roman/Rollins, Roman/Ambrose, Roman/Bryan, even Roman/ face HHH, you'd have 2015 booked.

I don't understand what's going on in that pic. Is he boxing a Dalek?

I am surprised Moffat has never done this on Doctor Who yet.

I have the show on the DVR. I wasn't expecting much but it sounds like Paul Heyman once again is making his case for Sainthood.

How is Paul Heyman not gotten acting roles outside of WWE?  The amount of acting talent that he has is incredible.

He was in some god awful rollerblading movie around the time ecw shot it's wad.

I think Batista showed more range as an actor...in evolution...than Paul e. did in what I wouldn't even call a steaming pile of horse shit that movie was because doing so would be insulting to steaming piles of horse shit the world over.

Too much all at once? 

Rollerjam or rollerball...Fuck I can't remember.  You should go watch it though, then you will see why hollywood isn't beating down his door.  

That being said, I'm a Paul Heyman guy.  I've been on the kool aid for close to twenty years now.

What I liked about tonight's show is the locker room is no longer buddy-buddy now, like they too often are. Even within heel and babyface locker rooms. Brock hates Roman. Seth hates Brock. Bryan hates Roman. Cena hates Brock, Seth, and Rusev. Ziggler hates the world. And Ambrose is high.

It's a powder keg waiting to erupt. Such a great time to have the Elimination Chamb....oh wait.

• Like 1

What I liked about tonight's show is the locker room is no longer buddy-buddy now, like they too often are. Even within heel and babyface locker rooms. Brock hates Roman. Seth hates Brock. Bryan hates Roman. Cena hates Brock, Seth, and Rusev. Ziggler hates the world. And Ambrose is high.

It's a powder keg waiting to erupt. Such a great time to have the Elimination Chamb....oh wait.

Yeah this would be a hell of a time do a Elimination Chamber match. Maybe they could redesign it so they can eliminate all those concerns about it being too big to hang from arena's and transportation costs. It doesn't really need the steel grating surrounding the ring. That would solve a problem right off the bat.

But it's probably for the best. Ambrose would be crazy enough to climb to the roof and drop an elbow on everyone.

I want to see EC (or 6 man HIAC would work too) with all the former members of the Wyatts and the Shield.

Where do they store the EC stuff in the offseason, that warehouse in Florida?  Surely there's an arena that could accommodate it somewhere within the same state.