DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

I was watching an old Wrestletalk TV, and they had Harry and Georgia Smith on. Harry said he'd specifically asked Dynamite about the Hall of Fame, and Dynamite said he'd turned it down more than once. Apparently he'd rather the fans remember him how he was, than see him how he is now. They said their Dad deserves to go in, and probably will at some point, but he's likely being saved for later, as it were.

Apparently they announced at Smackdown that

Tatsumi Fujinami

will be inducted. I wonder who introduces him...

I thought it was said that Flair was doing it

At least I could have sworn I read that but that could have been a sleep deprived daze

They've given him the live mic lots of times since the incident that got Jim Ross fired, though, so they don't seem to have that big an issue with it. Certainly not big enough an issue that they'd go with Inoki instead.

So by my count, 9 inductions in to the Hall this year. Is there a need for that many? Especially when there are a finite number of guys who are HoF worthy over the next few years. Why not save a few of these inductions for later years and just go with 6 inductions a year?

• Like 1

Not sure why its a weird induction. He is a big name wrestler who has some experience in WWE. They don't base everything completely on WWE accomplishments. I imagine we will see others big names who are only so attached go in over time as well.

Well they want the WWE hall of fame to be like a "real" hall of fame. Plenty of guys have gone into the Pro Baseball and Football HOF's without having major time in MLB or the NFL respectively. Still seems weird but I get why they would induct him just on his career alone.