DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

Butch was amazing, Luke could barely keep up.

But Medusa was definitely the speech of the night. And her husband getting a standing ovation and saluted by Mark Henry was the highlight of the highlight.

It's funny, when they walked out I felt bad for Butch with his crutch and all, but he still has it all upstairs. 

Has anyone figured out how they picked Fujinami as the international inductee?  Not that he's not greatly deserving, but there are probably 10 Japanese wrestlers I'd think would be inducted first. Is it because they want someone who is alive and will show up?  I would have thought Rikidozan, Jumbo, Baba, Misawa, Hashimoto, and Tenryu would have made it before Fujinami, but I am glad they inducted an international star. 

Hogan putting over someone over than himself was strange, but I thought he put Savage over huge.  Hogan is always working, but it's clear he had a whole lot of respect for Randy Savage.  I'm just sad that Savage wasn't inducted when he was alive.  He is my favorite wrestler ever and I wish I could have seen the last chapter of his legendary career.

Fujinami has a WWF connection, which most of the others dont. Also, he traded the NWA/WcW title with Flair in the 90s, so he has some some name recognition from that. And he presumably helps sell Network subs in Japan.

Isn't Otto Wanz around the same age as Arnold?  Arnold must've gotten some promo tips from Hogan.

OK, let me google this...

According to Wikipedia Arnold moved to the US in 1968. Otto Wanz started to wrestle in 1970, at that time Arnold was 23 years old. So yeah, there's definitely something fishy with that story.

Couldn't they have sent out an interpreter with Fujinami, so he could have held his speech in Japanese?

I'd say Tenryu would be a great choice as next Japanese inductee. He has the WWE connection and I think he announced his retirement for this year. So inducting him next year would be fitting.

Good write up. Don't feel like watching the show. 4 hours is too much and that covered the most important things. Kudos on still managing to get a butt pick in on the F4W page. Made it a ***** post.

Hall of Fame writeup has gone live. I'm quite proud of it.

Won't get around to watching this until Monday night, but just reading the Connor part had me in tears. Nice job.

Thanks. This writeup has gotten a nice amount of feedback, which feels good. It was a busy time, and then I took a break by doing a two hour podcast. Josh Nason did an awesome job formatting it because it was just blocks of text with strategic image placement when I sent it in and it looks fantastic. I'm glad I went with images throughout it because it would've been a really long wall of text otherwise, and the screens do give you a sense for what you're missing if you can't watch it.

Good write up. Don't feel like watching the show. 4 hours is too much and that covered the most important things. Kudos on still managing to get a butt pick in on the F4W page. Made it a ***** post.

Well, Lita's cleavage was the sole attempt at any actual fanservice. WWE left that Rikishi shot up for so long that it was clearly something they wanted out there.

So how truly long was the show? (I've only seen recaps)

I know at one point I saw on Twitter that at the regularly scheduled end time - they were only halfway through

Madusa's speech was awesome. Highlight of the night. Last year I loved Lita's speech, this year Madusa did a great job. I liked Larry Z's. Thought everyone did a pretty good job overall. Liked Hulkster's induction speech for Savage, laughed at the Superdome/Silverdome reference.