DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

It probably is true that WWE pushing social media has led fans to think that they can use it to influence company decisions, though. It actually worked (in conjunction with their vocal activity during the shows) last year, right?

At least they're still showing up and booing, I suppose. It's when they stop caring at all that WWE has a problem. I don't know if we're approaching apathy-level fandom for a lot of the core adult fans or not. 

I'd buy Mark Henry vs Brock Lesnar at WM31 for the strap.  I'm not sure that the fans would have shit all over Mark Henry coming out of the RR with the win, but I would buy him as a viable contender probably moreso than Reigns at this point.  I know that the match between Henry and Lesnar would be better.

Stone Cold and Keller talk quite a bit in the latest SAS about how the WWE pushing "entertainment" instead of "competition" has led fans to react like this.

I was thinking about how this is just a natural extension Vince saying it's all entertainment 25 or however many years ago, so he didn't have to pay athletic commissions any longer. It changes the way people consume your product and how they react to it. They now complain about the scripted direction of the drama rather than enjoying it for an athletic competition. You also have dorks like Dolph who are more concerned with entertaining the fans than winning. Just awful (and I like Dolph - find him HIGHLY ENTERTAINING).

Example: My friend said that by eliminating Bryan at the Rumble, Bray should get some massive heat. But the outrage the fans in the arena (and I) felt wasn't directed at Bray, it was directed at Vince - the guy who greenlights all the big creative decisions. 

• Like 1

The only real spark I felt during the Rumble itself was the slow approach between Bray and the Boogeyman -- which was the supernatural counterpart of the Umaga meets Kamala encounter of '06.

I assume this is a Vince touch, and I love him for that rare (but very much alive) theme.

(Disappointed in this incident's outcome, though, even though it went down nearly the same -- only Kamala and Stalker Ichikawa can pull off the squashed jungle insect twitch)

The only real spark I felt during the Rumble itself was the slow approach between Bray and the Boogeyman -- which was the supernatural counterpart of the Umaga meets Kamala encounter of '06.

I assume this is a Vince touch, and I love him for that rare (but very much alive) theme.

(Disappointed in this incident's outcome, though, even though it went down nearly the same -- only Kamala and Stalker Ichikawa can pull off the squashed jungle insect twitch)

I felt like Bray looking at Boggeyman was like looking in a mirror thinking "I can't believe I made this schtick work even as well as I have.  Also, I need a new gimmick."

I've read on the net about people complaining about the crowd. I don't buy it. They are cheering for faces, as they're supposed to do - Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback. They just aren't cheering for the face the WWE wants them to.

I honestly don't know how the WWE could be so tone deaf to the wants of their audience. If the crowd is cheering for a guy more than anyone else, push him. Keep pushing him until they stop,I don't know, cheering him more than anyone else. Why would they hate money so much that they do something else? It's fucking maddening.

How many times have you guys shit yourselves because of something that happened to DB only to be happys when everything plays out? This board didn't have the patience for the year long booking that ended at WM last year, but in the real world, DB was just as over as ever. They been methodical in their booking to keep DB over with his fans because they are the whiniest sons of bitches in the history of any fans every. They know that the more under doggy they book him, the louder he will get cheered. I don't care how you spin, if they do something with him, people will fucking bitch about it like its a serious topic like nuclear bombs or human rights.

It's okay to watch a movie and wait for the ending to bitch about the story, y'know.

By the admission of Bryan, Stephanie, and Trips, they had no intention of putting Bryan in the Mania main event last year until the crowd so violently turned on the Rumble.

The fans, Bryan, Stephanie and Trips were all being worked. Read between the lines.