DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I guess what sucks the most is that Roman is a good dude. He really doesn't deserve this. I mean, he threw too many grenades when playing Call of Duty 4, but thats pretty much it. I hope he understands that this isn't entirely an indictment on him as a person. Its more an indictment of the WWE creative decision making process...

I guess what sucks the most is that Roman is a good dude. He really doesn't deserve this. I mean, he threw too many grenades when playing Call of Duty 4, but thats pretty much it. I hope he understands that this isn't entirely an indictment on him as a person. Its more an indictment of the WWE creative decision making process...

I've read similar things across the internet today.  Maybe people really mean it.  But if I'm Reigns, I'd have a hard time believing it.  Not aiming that at you specificially.

I loved the Lesnar/Rollins/Cena match. Lesnar chucking the fuck out of everyone in a wreckless manner was super fun. Watching Bryan take the holiest of motherfucking demolitions would have been equally fun at Mania, so for that reason the fun was sucked out of the Rumble itself relatively early for me. A shame. Judging by social media, the backlash is hellfire strong.

One funny thing, me and the fam were watching the rumble when Reigns won the damn thing. My wife looks at me and says, "What's the problem with Reigns winning? Aren't we supposed to give them credit for making a new star? What makes Daniel Bryan so special anyway?" My daughter turns and looks and says, "Because it's Dragon, mama. It's Dragon. *sighs* You don't get it." My wife looks at me, "This is your fault." With a smile on my face, "Damn straight."

Also, so many good posts. Don't know if I can like them all but I'm gonna try.

• Like 1

One funny thing, me and the fam were watching the rumble when Reigns won the damn thing. My wife looks at me and says, "What's the problem with Reigns winning? Aren't we supposed to give them credit for making a new star? What makes Daniel Bryan so special anyway?" My daughter turns and looks and says, "Because it's Dragon, mama. It's Dragon. *sighs* You don't get it." My wife looks at me, "This is your fault." With a smile on my face, "Damn straight."

Also, so many good posts. Don't know if I can like them all but I'm gonna try.

My youngest looked at me during last week's Raw and said, "Daddy, it was better when you were a kid...." (This was after watching old 80s and 90's matches on the Network all weekend)  

Why?  "The people in the audience care about what they are watching."

He's five, and Macho Man vs. Honkytonk Man on the NBC Main Event is the greatest thing ever. That crowd was molten.

• Like 1

Unless I'm being a huge idiot, I honestly cannot figure out how to cancel my Network subscription. I checked the FAQ and the billing information page it sends me to has no cancel link, and frankly, that's pissing me off more. I can find 1997 Nitros anywhere, and I'll get NXT on Hulu. The Network is the only dime WWE gets from me, and I've gotta vote with my wallet on this one.

Unless I'm being a huge idiot, I honestly cannot figure out how to cancel my Network subscription. I checked the FAQ and the billing information page it sends me to has no cancel link, and frankly, that's pissing me off more. I can find 1997 Nitros anywhere, and I'll get NXT on Hulu. The Network is the only dime WWE gets from me, and I've gotta vote with my wallet on this one.

Apparently the unsubscribe page crashed after the Rumble

I am not making this up.

I think people get to lost in Punk being an asshole that they forget that he might just be an asshole who happens to be right.

Agreed. I never thought he was as much of an asshole as lots of folks thought it was fun to pretend that he is.

• Like 1

Watch that Out of Touch video a couple pages back, yo.

I ended up calling them to cancel my subscription. The person who answered appeared to be the voice actress for Consuela on Family Guy. She asked me "May I has your name and your last name?" and I knew we were off to a great start. She told me I didn't have to cancel because it was going to expire automatically in February. I told her I didn't believe her, and that I wanted it stopped now. We went back and forth on that for a while. Anyway, that's it for me and WWE for a while.

What have I missed in ROH since 2005?

By that I assume you mean our scenarios ruin the "unstoppable monster Brock" aura they've built up. To that I'd say, is getting cashed in on going to hurt that worse then him getting pinned clean in the middle from a spear/Superman punch combo (which you know is the booked finish to the Reigns-Lesnar match) after he basically no-sold like 4 AAs yesterday?

There is no right answer. The right answer was Bryan, but they aren't doing that. Everything else is just varying levels of awful.

Bryan was the worst choice.  He won last year, now the injury cannot be helped but his goofing off and going to all the different non-medical doctors held up the company through Summerslam.  Looking back, after watching his 'do not want surgery' whining and the Bella's comment about Bryan never picking up the tab he comes off as a bit of a Diva.  I doubt that comment being left on Divas was an accident.

He deserves to sit in the midcard for a bit until he proves that he can stay healthy.

Weird statement. Not directly comparing Bryan to Austin in every way, but that same logic would have kept the WWE Championship off Austin in 1998. No, you strike while the iron is hot with a guy. If he gets hurt again, you theoretically are good enough creatively to have viable backups like McMahon did in 1998 (specifically The Rock, but 'Taker was also really hot because he had started the Satanist gimmick shift). 

What good would sitting Austin in the midcard for a bit until he proved that he could stay healthy have done? What good does it do to sit Bryan in the midcard now for that very same reason?

I don't buy that logic at all. 

• Like 1

Watch that Out of Touch video a couple pages back, yo.

I ended up calling them to cancel my subscription. The person who answered appeared to be the voice actress for Consuela on Family Guy. She asked me "May I has your name and your last name?" and I knew we were off to a great start. She told me I didn't have to cancel because it was going to expire automatically in February. I told her I didn't believe her, and that I wanted it stopped now. We went back and forth on that for a while. Anyway, that's it for me and WWE for a while.

What have I missed in ROH since 2005?

"No.... no... no cancellation for you. Senor McMahon es no home"

• Like 2