DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT 01/07/05

So no one else is going to point out that the KO battle Royal had 7 people 9 if you count Brooke and Kong who weren't in, it and a promo for a male wrestler whos promo got cut of mid way?

Also why did josh ask why Jeff and Matt where there as if we hadn't seen Matt front and center of the opening brawl?

I liked this episode, much more than Raw.  The opening video was different, and I honestly liked it a lot.  The brawl was nuts and got the crowd super into it from the start.  The chants for MVP was ridiculous, half the audio was cut out because of the censoring.  But at least the crowd was into it.

Really glad to see Kong back, if she could still go in some capacity this will be a fun feud with Havok.  I didn't care one bit about the main event as you knew there'd be something going on at the end.  I follow MVP on Twitter, so he tweeted out "Wu Tang" and I knew exactly what he meant.  Him, Joe, Low Ki, and Homicide are referred to as the "Wu Tang of Wrestling".  I think somebody coined that term on a radio show they were on.  That said, I was delighted to see the reveal.  Not sure what's up with Homicide, but King as the shit stirrer will do.  Joe and Ki in this role will be very interesting to watch, so I'm all for this.  Not sure about the EY turn.  Seems like somebody saw Owens turn on Zayn and thought that'd be good to do here.  I'm not feeling that at all.

*watches Raw*

I really wish there was a viable, competitive alternative to the WWE.

*watches Impact*

I really wish there was a viable, competitive alternative to the WWE.

• Like 9

I didn't watch a single second of this, but I wanted to relate this:  Working right by Hammerstein, I saw the line forming outside when I was leaving work.  Last time TNA was here, there were at least a couple hundred people in line, with more coming.  This time, I'd say there were less than 50.  (Including one asshole in shorts despite it being 10 degrees outside.)

tumblr_loyofnRfVe1qgg5rbo1_500.gif

• Like 2

All I have to look forward to is the absurdity of Eric Young being a member of the new Rottweilers.

More like the Perros del Meh.

Completely forgot about the channel switch so I was watching Lucha Underground until it finally hit me at 10:45 that they were on DA now. That closing angle was EL BARFO. You're on a new channel that reaches a fraction of your previous carrier plus the handful of folks who tuned in expecting "Hillbilly Blood" or whatever used to be on. This is your chance to blow people's socks off and present something interesting... and you give them THAT. Jesus.

I did like the opening shmozz in a Blazing Saddles kind of way, although I pity those poor schmucks who had to be outside in 15-degree weather wearing their gear for it. Also digging the hell out of EC3- he has so much poise on the mic that it's insane. Like "way too good for this shit show" insane.

The fact that you had a taped show and you miss the payoff of Borash slapping EC3 because you were staring at Clay's dick is inexusable.

It was live to tape which means there was no time to go back and fix this. Keep in mind that this production team hasn't produced a show like this since June of last year.

The fact that you had a taped show and you miss the payoff of Borash slapping EC3 because you were staring at Clay's dick is inexusable.

It was live to tape which means there was no time to go back and fix this. Keep in mind that this production team hasn't produced a show like this since June of last year.

Shouldn't take too much experience of shooting wrestling to know "follow the action, do not focus on one dude's package"

• Like 2

Went into this non-sober and open-minded, since it had been so long since I'd watched Impact (probably at least a year) that some things seemed new and fresh.  Heck, I realized this is the first time I'd actually seen EC3 on the show, that's how long it had been.

And yeah, probably gonna be another year or so before I try Impact again.

Shitty production aside, the first 90 minutes of the show were perfectly fine.  I actually kinda liked the first hour.  Then the show went off a fucking cliff.  Tale of two bookers.

I have no idea how they made the Hammerstein Ballroom look cavernous, but they pulled it off.

Rockstar Spud is gonna be so huge once WWE signs him away.

Tidbit: I was watching this on an online stream... which cut off the main event in order to switch to their scheduled program - the 11 o'clock local news.  Yes, even local news is more important to people than TNA.

• Like 1

How could someone not have said, "Hey, uh, your suit doesn't fit and you look like a mess" before he went out there?

This is the same company that sent a strung out Jeff Hardy out to main event a PPV against Sting

They had a 30 minute break between the 1st and 2nd matches, more than enough time to fix production issues.  This was strictly amateur hour stuff.  That entire segment was horrendous.  Borash looked terrible, EC3 wasn't mic'ed when he started talking, there was NO LIGHT between the entrance and the ring, and when he got to the ring the mic had enormous feedback.  When have you EVER heard feedback on a professional production?

Also, local news is a lot more important than any sport, real or fake.

Tidbit: I was watching this on an online stream... which cut off the main event in order to switch to their scheduled program - the 11 o'clock local news.  Yes, even local news is more important to people than TNA.

They probably fell asleep during the show. Was hard not to during that last hour.

How could someone not have said, "Hey, uh, your suit doesn't fit and you look like a mess" before he went out there?

Probably because they were the same people who told him he had to go out and have his head shaved.

And that was done so they could say AND FOR REAL, JB AND SPUD ARE SHOOT FRIENDS even though wrestling logic dictates that since Spud's a face, he's allies with JB anyway. The way they did it didn't really help since it was all done in the same segment. If they wanted to tell that story, just do a quick personality piece on Spud and in that mention that JB helped him get a shot on British Boot Camp and without him, he'd have never gotten his shot in TNA.

And a fitting suit.  Definitely a suit.  I never really noticed him looking that much different from his WCW/early TNA days until last night.  Holy shit I'd say the road owned him, but they don't travel that much.

7250d5379872781.jpg

This is what spending the past 15 years of your life working for WCW and TNA looks like.

Borash now resembles a real life version of Gil from the simpsons:

"You should have seen me honey, I was so close to making a sale. Hey, who is that in the background? Awwww, is that Tom? I thought you were gonna leave him. No, no... dont put him on. Oh, hi Tom!"

• Like 3