DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT 01/07/05

Well those are definitely better numbers than I was expecting. Let's see what kind of viewership they're able to maintain. For the longest time they were pulling between 900k to 1.2m on Spike, so it's certainly a step down from those numbers. The only sliver lining in this is that it's Destination America's most watched show, so if they keep that up there shouldn't be any concern over them going under any time soon as long as Panda keeps funding them.

Also, keep in mind that they completely lost their Canadian viewership. I heard they're working on getting them a TV deal, but damn in the last year Canadian wrestling fans have really gotten the shaft. Then for the us in the States we either don't get this channel or have to upgrade their cable/satellite tier to get it. I had to do the latter, but I always wanted to do so anyway because Dish's Top 250 has Boomerang. I just could never justify paying an extra $10 a month just for Boomerang. Turns out I also get Encore and their on demand selection is pretty decent for my taste. So I don't regret upgrading.

And no, I'm not making up excuses. These numbers are laughable compared to WWE, but even their numbers are laughable compared to what they use to draw.

*Edit: Your numbers are off by 100k. So turns out that's around what I was expecting them to draw on this network.

Well those are definitely better numbers than I was expecting. Let's see what kind of viewership they're able to maintain. For the longest time they were pulling between 900k to 1.2m on Spike, so it's certainly a step down from those numbers. The only sliver lining in this is that it's Destination America's most watched show, so if they keep that up there shouldn't be any concern over them going under any time soon as long as Panda keeps funding them.

Also, keep in mind that they completely lost their Canadian viewership. I heard they're working on getting them a TV deal, but damn in the last year Canadian wrestling fans have really gotten the shaft. Then for the us in the States we either don't get this channel or have to upgrade their cable/satellite tier to get it. I had to do the latter, but I always wanted to do so anyway because Dish's Top 250 has Boomerang. I just could never justify paying an extra $10 a month just for Boomerang. Turns out I also get Encore and their on demand selection is pretty decent for my taste. So I don't regret upgrading.

And no, I'm not making up excuses. These numbers are laughable compared to WWE, but even their numbers are laughable compared to what they use to draw.

*Edit: Your numbers are off by 100k. So turns out that's around what I was expecting them to draw on this network.

The numbers I got included the replay of Impact from the same day, apparently.

And even without the replay numbers, it's still the most watched show on Destination America.

Finally got around to catching this show on YouTube.

It wasn't too bad up till the final part of the main. How many male heels are NOT post of either of the big factions? Like four? I was really liking the Storm interview until he said that they didn't care about titles or matches(might've misheard this, though). It comes off kinda dumb like Ziggler talking about stealing the show instead of winning matches.

KOs battle royal was nothing, but it was nice to see Kong again. Hope the female hoss battle will be a good one.

Commentary was much better without Tenay at the table.

Finally, EC3 is just so much better than everyone else at the character stuff. Just so damn natural that it puts the rest of the roster to shame. Never thought I'd say that after he initially debuted, but here we are.

Knowing WWE they would go the complete opposite direction with what TNA is doing with the EC3 character by having him wrestle often and rarely talk. When they did allow him to speak it would be word for word from a script. The guy deserves a pay raise that's for sure, but is killing his character really worth it?

Knowing WWE they would go the complete opposite direction with what TNA is doing with the EC3 character by having him wrestle often and rarely talk. When they did allow him to speak it would be word for word from a script. The guy deserves a pay raise that's for sure, but is killing his character really worth it?

That's pretty much how they used him once his NXT stint was done.

His early NXT stuff with Bryan was comedic gold.  CHICKS AND AMERICA~!  *flag drop*

This was my first time watching TNA in about 2 years. EC3 is easily the most polished performer they have, and that's both praise for him and condemnation of the rest of the roster. He plays his character incredibly well, is comfortable in his role, delivers lines on point, and sells the situation with his acting and body language. How the fuck did WWE blow it with him?

To be fair, he was never in a position to try that.  He was all about being the ultra American, and before and after that was just a goofy as hell guy.  If he was a heel at all he never had a chance to show how far he could go.  It's also possible he might not have had the ability at the time to go that far.  Maybe it took the firing to light a fire under him and he just went all "Fuck you, I'll show you what I can do."  That and being pushed in TNA from the start might have motivated him to find that side he never showed before.  Either way, he's one of the consistently bright parts of the show.

I love how the animators stopped with the web pattern from the neck to the forearms. That's what I hate about drawing Spider-Man too. What was Parker thinking, designing his costume with that mess?