DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Random observations from this weeks show:

Mojo Rawley gets Super Bowl Champion Rob Gronkowski on NXT TV and we get one brief mention of this fact. I'm now 100% behind the idea of a Gronk/Mojo vs. Ryder/Slater NXT match next year

I wonder if NXT is going to make Blue Pants merchandise and how that would work out with her not being under contract. I mean I feel like WWE can make money off of her.

Evil Emma's Evil Emma Lock looks devastating

I will never tire of the seemingly one sides Corey Graves vs. Becky Lynch feud

Enzo and Cass CAN actually cut a serious promo. Enzo's last line "I got all the time in the world but I ain't got time for them" was soft-spoken and serious. Enzo/Cass (w/ Carmella) vs. New Day (w/ MITB Winner Kofi) for the Tag Titles will be a fun feud this year.

I'll never get tired of Samoa Joe killing fools

I wonder if NXT is going to make Blue Pants merchandise and how that would work out with her not being under contract. I mean I feel like WWE can make money off of her.

FWIW, she's already selling Blue Pants merch.

levabates1001.png

Ryder and Mojo are a surprisingly good fit! (Like fries and soft-serve ice cream.)

Carbon always surprises me when he shows off how fast he is on his feet, he's a quick mofo (reminds me of young UT).

Weren't there two failed attempts at giving Carbon a valet? I say give Eva the role.

EDIT: That faded/textured red sun should be Itami's T-shirt...

Assuming this was an autocorrect thing but "Boron Carbon" has legs as a periodic table-obsessed midcard heel imo

• Like 4

Ryder and Mojo are a surprisingly good fit! (Like fries and soft-serve ice cream.)

Carbon always surprises me when he shows off how fast he is on his feet, he's a quick mofo (reminds me of young UT).

Weren't there two failed attempts at giving Carbon a valet? I say give Eva the role.

Assuming this was an autocorrect thing but "Boron Carbon" has legs as a periodic table-obsessed midcard heel imo

He could certainly be the nucleus of any stable.

• Like 3

He could certainly be the nucleus of any stable.

Are you positive?

• Like 3

Corbin's going to have a longer gestation period, but he shows flashes. They have to stop sending him out there to squash dudes, though. More Rhyno matches are a good idea. Maybe bring Mark Henry down for a couple matches with him - that might do wonders.

If they're going to send Corbin out to squash dudes, have him actually squash them and not go 50/50 after a few months.  It's a mistake WWE makes all the time - once one person slays the monster, everybody can suddenly do it.

Also, Corbin is the biggest example of a kind face that needs a mask since the Spoiler.   I cannot take that nice face seriously, especially as a heel.  He looks like he's going to start crying during his entrance.

• Like 1

Also, Corbin is the biggest example of a kind face that needs a mask since the Spoiler.   I cannot take that nice face seriously, especially as a heel.  He looks like he's going to start crying during his entrance.

01camp.jpg

"Just walk away. Give me the NXT title. Just walk away."

• Like 1

Blue Pants' crowd support died a quick death the second she got on offense. If they try to push her beyond her current role it wouldn't work very well.

Plus, WWE is the worst at hiding who they're MAKING LOOK STRONG. So, that really changes the way audiences (particularly smarky audiences like the NXT crowd) pick and choose who to really get behind.

Blue Pants' crowd support died a quick death the second she got on offense. If they try to push her beyond her current role it wouldn't work very well.

If only they had some sort of program in place that they could sign her to, where they could teach her to hone her skills. A developmental system, if you will.

• Like 4

So, Jesse Mckay gets to Keep her name? I expected her to get a bit of a face reaction but I glad she didnt.

I kinda feel sorry for Corbin because the Full-Sail audience is regecting him, theyve been spoiled by the Indy guys comming in and even the Non-Contracted like Rhyno & Blue pants that guys like he and Demsey seem to out of place. Its so obvious guys like Dawson, Jordan, Dillinger and Dawkins are far more advanced and deserve a higher placement on the card than these 2.

Im surprised they doing Joe and Owens on next weeks TV, It would seem like a bigger deal if Owens wasnt a feud with Cena already but its still awesome.