DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-29-14 - Edge and Christian Host

MGFanJay

Yeah, and my problem with the Fall of Man is that the big dude should be decapitating guys with a clothesline and the small dude should do a chop block. What they have going now is surprisingly not impactful. 

Maybe they could rip off [Joey Styles]TOTAL ELIMINATION![/joey styles]

good to see the "If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, fans will break stuff" takes are back from last year

Are you saying they didn't?  The fans completely ruined a PPV and destroyed the WWE's Wrestlemania plans.

I remember that serious people were implying POST-Rumble that Bryan not going over at the end would cause "ugly scenes".

it's alarmist bullshit. If Bryan doesn't sufficiently go over, they'll just complain online and keep giving the WWE money. It's all bark, no bite.

I think we've reached the point where the fans will stop complaining, and just stop being fans.   I've even gotten the vibe from many of my long-time friends that it's just been too much now.   A couple cancelled subs already, most are  just reading recaps instead of watching RAW, and no one watches the B shows.

It's the whole things never change that is turning people off the most.

It was one of the few credible ways they could have had Cena bring them back without him turning heel, but the whole thing people wanted out of that was a heel turn.

Instead, Cena continues the 94 Hogan path.  They should just give him a Thunder in Paradise gimmick and give Hornswaggle an eyepatch.

When The Miz looks more intimidating than the two new debuting "monsters", there's a problem.  The smaller Ascension guy's pants kept looking like they were going to fall down.

I can't stop obsessing over the height (or lack thereof) of Mercury and Noble whenever they are onscreen.  Rollins is listed as 6'1" which seems legit and they look to be close to a foot shorter.

• Like 2

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for Mr. Barrett. He won't get much of a push with that physique.

But he has a catchphrase! AND HIS PUNCHES, CHARLIE! His punches look like they hurt!

Hey, Cesaro had a chance to show something and he didn't. Told y'all Cesaro is going bye bye with Barrett coming back. :)

• Like 1

Wait, they are gonna rehash the build to Survivor Series?

And people would be more into Seth if he was more convincing as a mastermind. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy you'd send to get you a drink if your hanging out somewhere, let alone a smart guy.

I'm watching this thing on 2x speed right now and I've hit the Ryback interview and I wish there was a 3x speed option. I get that the Secret thing was important in his life but unless they're going to make him a Scientologist heel, it's probably best not to mention it. 

I actually loved the Ryback promo. I got a little nervous when the crowd started "what" chants at first, but then they quieted down and started popping at the right moments. And it lasted just long enough without dragging and he kept moving smoothly from beat to beat. I would be perfectly okay if they did more promos of this variety.

But man, if that Cesaro slipup in his promo wasn't intentional, well, as much as I am a huge fan of his ring work, he sealed his fate in terms of being a potential main eventer, or at the very least set himself back another year of "proving yourself" purgatory.

• Like 2

Maybe it was just me but I could've sworn Cena said "I'd bring back the Authority." As if he was going to add a stipulation before he went to cut off Rollins.

I really wish there was a viable, competitive alternative to the WWE... barring that, I just wish they weren't so fucking gutless and gun-shy when it comes to people going off TV for extended spells. I mean what the shit? You run an giant angle with earth-shattering, nothing-will-be-the-same consequences and go back to the status quo after six weeks? 

• Like 1

I'm tempted to make a bet with myself to buy WWE Network for 10 random people on this board if RAW next week opens with anything other than a 10+ minute Authority promo.

If it does, would I have to buy WWE Network for 10 people?

There were some pretty good moments, but I'm focused on the negative aspects.  The Ascension died a death, they need to drop the LOD elements ASAP.  How they were in NXT would have been better.  Agreed on the Fall of Man, fix that or drop it.

I love Steph, but it's only been a month without the Authority.  I understand they needed them back in time for the Road to Wrestlemania, but I just wish there was a way to drag this out a little more.  If this leads to them being done after WM then I might be fine with it in hindsight.  But it's just way, way too soon.  They could have just done without that stip at SS and kept them there, that would have made more sense.  Would have preferred Cena said that to save Edge so they let him go.  Then afterwards Cena adds that he was either lying or adds a stipulation.

I was so sad seeing Cesaro's promo.  He had the best chance in a while to prove he was more than what he's being portrayed.  But it just didn't work.  I don't recall many promos when he was Claudio, but in NXT they were fine.  Not sure what happened here, but I'm hoping for another chance with him.  It just sucks either way because I've liked him a lot since the indys.

I don't get all the talk about Cesaro slip up. People have  minor inconsequential slip ups in promos all the time.It's not like he was about to dominate in the match. He was losing in a competitive 3 minute squash to a returning bad news barrett.

If he knocked the promo out of the park, what's the best realistic result? They give him 7 minutes with a returning Sheamus?

I'm just happy Bryan is back.

I liked the Edge/Christian opening. They have great chemistry together and they should be around more often.

Rusev/Ziggler was a lot of fun.

That Ryback promo reminded me of that long speech Poochie gave before they canned him. 

I can't get upset over the authority stuff because i truly don't care.