DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-29-14 - Edge and Christian Host

MGFanJay

It wasn't so much the flub as the fact that the commentators jumped all over him for it.

They still bring up R-Truth flubbing the town name in a promo from four years ago.

Yeah, pretty unnecessary and unprofessional on their part to handle it like that. 

I haven't watched Raw in a good while so I didn't know he brought the Big Swing back. That was cool.

Also, I can't believe how long the Ascension has been a thing. I still remember those FCW hype videos with Shaul Guerrero, Ricardo Rodriguez, Primo and Kenneth Cameron from 2011. Crazy to think this version of the Ascension (and not Connor & Cameron) is what got greenlit for Raw. But that's more Cameron's fault.  

I hunted down the Cesaro promo and I don't see the big deal. The crowd didn't really react huge to the flub and I don't mind one commentator making a one-off joke about it, but in the age of corporate commentary and commentators taking a complete dump on the in-ring product, it was kinda sad to watch all that unfold. By next week everyone would have forgotten about it, but I am sure the commentators will bring it up (while they ignore other more important aspects of the product).

The thing about a HHH/Sting match is you don't actually need either guy on tv that much to build it, although I doubt HHH sees it that way.

The closest HHH has ever come to applying "less is more" to a build to one of his matches was the staredown scene with him and Taker where neither of them said a word.

...and that STILL took ten freakin' minutes.