DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-29-14 - Edge and Christian Host

MGFanJay

The first 2 1/2 hours were good and then it went off the tracks.

Cena, Brock, and Heyman had a good promo to setup their match.

Rusev/Ziggler was nice. 

The tag title change was a solid match.

Cesaro - BNB, uh yeah.

Rollins/Reigns was a very good match.  Can we get the Big Show on commentary every week?  He was so much better than JBL and Lawler combined.  Please drop the other two and keep Show.

Bryan coming back was cool.

Then it went off the cliff.....................

So Mizdow jobbed to the Ascension.  Um, why did they have two matches in one night?  Was there no tag team available back stage?  Are the Ascension heels because Mizdow wore white instead of black?  I don't get it, they could have thrown Fandango and Rose out there to do the job but Mizdow?  I am confused.

Then the end started out ok and quickly went off the rails.  Why did Brock get invited out if he was not a major part of the end?  Why do we need The Authority back?  Rollins is a Paul Heyman guy and has J&J Security plus the Big Show backing him up.  Now he needs HHH and Steph?  That makes no sense and I changed the channel before the end to watch the Flyers down 3-0 because the whole ending segment makes no sense.

This has just been an awful year for WWE in general so it's fitting the year ends with the return no one wanted of The Authority.

And fuck that last segment just would not end.  I know the point was to get over Seth Rollins as a killer heel but that crowd was so dead they should have called an audible and ended the show with Seth and the Stooges getting Conchairtos and a Moment of Greatness.

Fuck all of you. That end ruled.

Dude, that was boring as hell.  If Seth was better at scripted promos, Cena wasn't a dick, it didn't drag, and the crowd wasn't dead as hell, it might've worked.

Seth looked like a total slimebag. So did Show. Cena wasn't a dick. He gave into the heel demands to save someone he respected -- someone who tormented him for years, but ultimately respected.

You failed to address the worst part: the fucking Authority is back.

• Like 1

GREAT to see Bryan coming back. So, if Bryan is eliminated from the Rumble, the winner is booed out of the building, yes?

If Bryan doesn't win there won't be a building to boo anyone out of.

As glad as I am about him coming back, this should have been the segment to end the show.  Or even better, they shouldn't have advertised him and just had his music hit when his number came up in the Rumble.  That would have completely blown the roof off the place, but I guess advertising him for it helps improve interest.

Ryback's cool story bro drug even worse than those overly long authority promos.

I was hoping Cesaro's pipe bomb lite might be a new beginning for him, but how quickly he got jobbed out to BNB that doesn't seem likely.  I'm glad Barrett is back, but there are lots of other ways he could have returned other than by beating Cesaro.  They should have had some double DQ/countout where they just beat the hell out of eachother, or Cesaro could have attacked him after the match.  Something to get some heat and start a feud there, as the two of them would be great against eachother.

Look on the bright side people!

At least they didn't come back AFTER Bryan won the rumble to end the PPV. That would've been a much worst after taste.

And why aren't you guys talking about the shitty promo Cesaro cut? He reached for that brass ring alright.

Dude, that was boring as hell.  If Seth was better at scripted promos, Cena wasn't a dick, it didn't drag, and the crowd wasn't dead as hell, it might've worked.

Seth looked like a total slimebag. So did Show. Cena wasn't a dick. He gave into the heel demands to save someone he respected -- someone who tormented him for years, but ultimately respected.

Steph was the best performer of the last year. HHH was really great, too.

Steph was the best performer of the last year. HHH was really great, too.

Meh, the Bellas, Paige, and AJ were all better.

The Ascension look like the Road Warriors if Hawk never took steroids and teamed with Greg Gagne instead of Animal.

More like the world's worst cosplayer of Kratos. Sheamus needs to come back and fucking monkey stomp their heads in tbh

good to see the "If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, fans will break stuff" takes are back from last year

Are you saying they didn't?  The fans completely ruined a PPV and destroyed the WWE's Wrestlemania plans.

In all fairness, those plans needed destroying.

good to see the "If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, fans will break stuff" takes are back from last year

Are you saying they didn't?  The fans completely ruined a PPV and destroyed the WWE's Wrestlemania plans.

I remember that serious people were implying POST-Rumble that Bryan not going over at the end would cause "ugly scenes".

it's alarmist bullshit. If Bryan doesn't sufficiently go over, they'll just complain online and keep giving the WWE money. It's all bark, no bite.