DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys and thanks for giving the Panthers Seattle next week instead of Green Bay. Appreciate that, and hope Dallas and GB beat the ever loving shit out of each other next week.

My condolences to the Lions contingent.

• Like 1

Yeah no calls went against Dallas in that first half or anything.

There was a badly missed running into the punter and a fairly ticky tack offensive pass interference call, yes. Neither were nearly as bad nor so directly tied to the final result as the picked up flag, and it was at least the third not called obvious pi against Dallas.

Where were all these people in the first half when Dallas was getting hosed on calls?

None of those calls directly affected the result of the game as the picked up flag did.

For the record, I don't think the refs were crooked, or bought off, or what have you. They were just really bad, and, BY FAR, their worst call directly cost the Lions a playoff victory.

• Like 1

DeMarcus Lawrence is like God. He giveth and he taketh away.

As for what the refs took away; well, too bad. Maybe the Cowboys defender didn't get his head around but the only way that ball was getting to the Lions receiver is if it was thrown hard enough to actually pass through matter, matter as in through the Cowboys defender's back. If Stafford throws a better ball, the pass interference would've been more blatant instead of being a ball that hit the Cowboys defender square in the back on his numbers. Anyhow I hate games being decided by pass interference unless it's blatant, blatant, blatant. If the refs want to swallow their whistles on passes that were kind of underthrown bordering on uncatchable ; fine.

Besides the Lions only ever jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first place because of the silly ass running into the punter RULE; notice I emphasized rule, not "call" because I realize it is the rule after all.

• Like 2

It was blatant. He held him before the main contact, ran into him before the ball arrived, and didn't get his head around. He literally committed two different fouls in three different ways on that play.

Not even getting into the ref announcing the call, the Lions running one line up out on the field, and then them picking up the flag.

It was a good game. Whether Dallas won or lost I would have been happy.  Giant leap past what my expectations were at the start of the season.

Oh totally.  I was actually coming to terms with acceptance of this year after Demarcus Lawrence fumbled the fumble.  I was figuring 6-10 so all this total gravy.

• Like 1

It was a good game. Whether Dallas won or lost I would have been happy.  Giant leap past what my expectations were at the start of the season.

The 3-13 prediction from USA Today is still the absolute best.

All things are possible through Christ and the good karma you obtain from playing a team with Dominic Raiola & Ndamukong Suh. At least, Detroit still has Jodie Meeks.

• Like 1