DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Edit: Suh gave more money to charity than any other athlete in the U.S. in 2014. Link no worky.

Suh is such a weird conundrum. Dirtiest player in the game, (Wooo) nicest guy in the league off the field.

In hindsight maybe we should have seen the big Romo year coming. Yeah, okay, their o-line is better. But when your owner had to be talked out of drafting another QB that sends a pretty fucking strong signal that it's time to put up or shut up and, to his credit, Romo has put up. Romo isn't stupid, he knows as well as we do what that whole situation meant for him. The fact that Manziel is a punchline is beside the point that Jerry Jones was willing to look at a QB replacement and Dallas has responded.

Bah. Romo's numbers are virtually identical to two of the past three seasons; a couple more TD passes and a spiffier completion percentage; that's it. But the rest of the numbers line up with his 2011 and 2013 campaigns. And all that Jones' lusty obsession with Johnny Football proves is that the geezer is some kind of starfucking ghoul more so than a competent GM that knows his ass from a hole in the ground. The pick of Zack Martin was pure everybody else in the war room.

I don't want to run my mouth too much until we see Romo show out against the Lions. He's only had one of those awful eat shit and die burger games all season long and that was against the 9ers on opening day. His next worst outing was not being very sharp against the Eagles on Thanksgiving. Has he really gotten past his tendency to have 2-3 garbage games per season?

But let's talk the guy who should really be on double secret probation; Andy Dalton. This is a guy who clearly isn't even a Top 15 QB and then it's arguable how many guys in that next group he's even better than (Palmer,Cutler, Smith, Kaepernick, Tannehill.) That's not even considering the young bucks like Bridgewater and Carr. It will be a real interesting day today as either Stafford or Romo have to win a playoff game and Dalton's in the other game against a stumbling Colts bunch.

I know Carolina's time has come and gone but I wanted to add one more bit of information.  Charles Johnson's grandmother was taken off life support before yesterdays game.  My heart goes out to him and so does my respect.  I would have been a terrible mess.  CJ just goes out and has one of his best games ever.

• Like 1

The sentimental sap in me wants to see The Bungles beat the streak of playoff losses.  But gosh darn-it  I like Andrew Luck.

I like the Colts because the idea of LaRue going around slapping people ain't fun.. :mellow:

• Like 1

That game went as predicted.  Even if they had whoever was hurt (don't all teams have injuries?  Indy is without Bradshaw, Richardson, and Wayne was really banged up), Bengals weren't beating Indy in Indy.  They just don't have it in them.  They were closer here then when they played earlier in the season anyway.

I remember when Fowler hated Golden Tate

I am almost positive that was never true.

This is the playoffs, I don't have time to find the right thread.

Rippa's right.

I have no such recollection.