DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

The Postseason Tournament is here!

We start Saturday with...ugh:

Arizona @ Carolina at 4:20pm

and

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh at 8:15pm

The start time of the first game is ironic because I will need copious amounts of marijuana to be able to sit through that game.

Sunday is looking better:

Cincinnati @ Indianapolis at 1:05pm

and

Detroit @ Dallas at 4:40pm.

At first I thought the Suh thing was innocent. I'll just say though that if you accidentally stood on someone's leg, wouldn't most people react in a way other than, you know, stepping on it again and standing there?

Very strange play. I don't think it's definitively clear Suh meant to do it. But it was very strange.

Nothing about the Cardinals as they are currently constituted dissuades me from my belief that once again the sub .500 Division Champion will win its home playoff game.

Out of the field of playoff teams they would be the one I'd think was most susceptible to it.  And here they are.

I wish I could be more optimistic about the Colts' chances at a long playoff run, but I'm a realist.  Should they get past Cincy, Indy will likely get dusted.  The O-line is shaky, the running game is non-existent, and the defense is too spotty.  The most I can hope for is that Luck doesn't get hurt and Irsay doesn't embarrass himself on national TV.

Dumb ass Suh was probably just attention whoring with the extra stomp because he's so jealous and frazzled that J.J. Watt has turned out to be the game-changing impact player on defense he was hyped up to be entering the league. Also while Detroit has to exorcise the demons of not winning a playoff game in 23 years, the Cowboys have to shake off the much more recent demons of that embarrassing pair of blown leads they suffered against the Lions.

I'm okay with that scenario. I was in elementary school last time the Lions beat Dallas and went to the NFC championship game.

That Lions team was legit good enough to win a Super Bowl. They won 12 games, beat AFC champs Buffalo - in Buffalo - and killed Aikman and Emmitt in the playoffs. They had tons of stars on offense and a decent defense. They just had the misfortune of being that good the same year Washington had maybe the greatest team of all-time.

And then Fontes tore the whole thing apart the next year. Sigh...