DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC (and Stairs) 2014

MGFanJay

You know, you'd think that WWE would be trying to enforce in its viewers that it's okay to drop their cable, what with the Network and all. Instead, they send the message that if you try to cut the cord, it's going to blow up in your face.

• Like 2

Despite how great the in-ring action can be on the main shows, I just haven't been given reason enough to CARE about what's happening. Why do I care about Ziggler and Harper killing themselves over the IC title? What started them against each other other than they were on opposite teams at Survivor Series? Try as they might, I just can't care about anything Cena does because he's always going to win, so him up against the odds yet again means nothing. They have given no real motive behind the Ambrose/Wyatt stuff besides "they're both crazy". Wyatt has tried with a few of his promos, but it has just been ringing hollow.

That's what kills me. They've done CENA OVERCOMES THE ODDS~! so many times that everyone expects it and he's ice cold as a result. Also, the WWE poobahs still haven't figured out that Cena is at his most compelling by a country mile when he just wrestles dudes in a straight 50/50 match with no shenanigans. Punk, HBK, Rock, Bryan... that list goes on and on and on.

• Like 2

I...what...what the fuck?! What the fuck was that?! The only thing I liked was Dolph winning. Everything else was such a fucking mess. Just an abject disaster compared to the NXT show days prior.

Guess everyone figured since all the brass rings were gone that the show could be allowed to be a wreck.

I am now 100% convinced that the worst thing that ever happened to the WWE is that it became a publicly traded company. Vince and Co. are PARALYZED by the fact that any controversy or movement away from child friendly "sports flavored entertainment" will hurt the stock price. They've become slaves to investors that, for the most part, wouldn't know good, compelling wrestling from bad tennis.

• Like 2

I am now 100% convinced that the worst thing that ever happened to the WWE is that it became a publicly traded company. Vince and Co. are PARALYZED by the fact that any controversy or movement away from child friendly "sports flavored entertainment" will hurt the stock price. They've become slaves to investors that, for the most part, wouldn't know good, compelling wrestling from bad tennis.

655443.jpg

"Why not both?"

• Like 12

655443.jpg

"Why not both?"

This is fucking temendous.

• Like 2

http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/2014/10/did-smackdown-usher-in-era-of-even.html

Chris churned this a few months ago for me along similar lines. I think you could appeal to him and try to see if he can find some correlation between going public and other quantitative metrics, and that might be interesting.

For the record, outside of the stupid ending, I liked the show. Or maybe I just really enjoy matches between hosses.

Three hoss matches in one show is a little much, especially when two of the hosses have long worn out their welcome and seem to be in full-on Senioritis mode.

For the record, outside of the stupid ending, I liked the show. Or maybe I just really enjoy matches between hosses.

Three hoss matches in one show is a little much, especially when two of the hosses have long worn out their welcome and seem to be in full-on Senioritis mode.

Kane and Big Show will never wear out their welcome with me.

Just watched Ziggler/Harper. I see no reason why both couldn't be pushed as the top face and heel respectively. Ziggler is the best face on the main roster his performances the last two ppvs cement that. Harper is just a beast he makes everyone look great, and is a total badass.

I'm trying to figure out why ladder shots to the head are allowed, but chairs aren't. Ladders weigh 10 times more, and have no give whatsoever. They had two feel good finishes one with the hometown hero, and one with the company ace featuring the return of the new golden boy yet they close the show with a fuck finish with a heel going over wtf?

I'm historically a Kane fan, but he just seems to be bored and annoyed every time he's out there lately, and is getting more and more sloppy in the ring as the weeks go by. More than any of the veterans, he seems like he's really just  "taking up a spot" that a younger guy could be in at this point.

Big Show is at least a freak-show attraction, and I like the knockout punch, but the constant turns and nonsensical backstory at this point just keep me from caring about him at all. And of the anti-Authority guys, Rowan's the one that needed a win the most (if they have any intention of keeping him on television every week, an idea that I'm completely indifferent to), so a Big Show win was more annoying than usual to me.

Kane going back to being Kane means that you get all of the carny bullshit that comes with him that NO ONE likes. Not even Kane fans like that bullshit. Do you really, really want THA DEMON KANE back? Yeah, that's what I thought. Libertarian Corporate Kane is much better.