DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC (and Stairs) 2014

MGFanJay

Pre-show match was nothing but a backdrop for talking about The Great Gazoo, Harvey Korman, and jumping the shark in 2014. Loved the shucky ducky quack quack graphic and Heyman saying Ryback hurts people and tonight, he can do it with chairs. Dolph-Harper was technically just fine, but never really got out of first gear for me in terms of excitement. They did spots,t hen more spots. Took some bumps. It was a collection of stuff without an attempt at a story. That was still better than the nothing tag title match with a DQ finish, and the awful Show-Rowan stairs match. I had that pegged at ****** beforehand, but it wound up underwhelming. Rowan clipping Show with the corner of the steps was sick, and I liked Show KOing Rowan and then pinning him with the steps.

Seth-Cena was boring and had a bullshit finish until the restart. AJ-Nikki was nothing - although I did like the ringpost bow and arrow. Ryback-Kane was horrible. Rusev-Swagger was short, but largely forgettable - still the second-best match on the show. Loved the hype vid for Cena-Lesnar at the Rumble. Main event was a crazy video game match. It dragged whenever Bray was on offense, but was intense whenever Dean did stuff. They went to hte well a bit too often with table elbow drops here. Exploding TV was a stupid finish setup, and Bray won a PPV main event with the crowd not even caring.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/12/wwe-tlc-and-stairs-2014.html

Screens - 

2438b4372620915.jpg 

6b63c2372625713.jpg 

af188d372633774.jpg 

b7063c372641906.jpg

I don't see a single way this could go poorly
085d4c372641932.jpg

DADUQ!?
c3b0c0372641935.jpg

0b42b8372651699.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gm0dg1lq2tnz9le8lv9da4v9wm494rnl

There is an inherent problem with this PPV. I remember a series of cool spots (Ziggler rushing in the ring while bleeding to save the title, Ambrose caning Wyatt in the head after a brief standoff, Wyatt's LARIAT-OOOOOO), but all these matches with plunder run together in the end, so no one match stands out.

I think that besides the dumb ending, Wyatt/Ambrose suffered from both too many garbage matches on one show and Ziggler/Harper seeming even more violent and even having blood. That first match kinda shot the whole wad for the show.

I think Ryback should have won more quickly, and the overbooked mess that was Cena/Rollins did nothing for me. I'm really tired of these overbooked mains and semi-mains. 

I really enjoyed the ladder match with Dolph and Harper. They damn near killed one another on a few of those nasty spots but it had a ton of energy. Everything else ranged from solid all the way down to terrible... I don't know. Not a great show. Some stupid finishes which seems to be the case on all of these PPVs this year.

Rollins losing to Cena was whatever. Everyone knew it'd be Cena and Lesnar again. Reigns received a nice pop for his return but the interview afterwards was not good. I am dreading this potential Reigns vs. Lesnar (or Cena) program.

I forgot this was on until just right now just in time to see the finish of the main and wonder "Why is the show running so long that they haven't gotten to the main...because, that can't be the ending of the main event, right?" 

So, clearly caring nothing about the show to the point I forgot it was this week, and having invested 0 time in it, not even just the time to watch 99.99% of it...I'm still annoyed at that stupid fucking finish.

Man, when I referred to Reigns as Poochie in the NXT thread, I had no idea I was being prophetic.

"I can't carry that one" - Ambrose talking about the super giant ladder next to the one he took - was the highlight of the show for me. Well, that and Cole's hilarious justifications for having an HD flatscreen under the ring. Why didn't he just say it was there so Hornswoggle could enjoy the matches?

That may very well be the dumbest finish ever...Do they expect us to believe that unplugging a TV is somehow dangerous?  Honestly, I'm ready to give up on the current product, NXT, NJPW World, and all the Meltzer match review project I'm doing just makes this shit seem like a big ol' waste of time.

Really enjoyed the opener and Cena/Rollins. The main was spot-sell-spot and then Ambrose loses again. All matches I thought were at least okay and loved the Reigns return. Who knows where they go from here. 

With Ambrose losing so much it seems he is stuck in that they know he will be over regardless so lets have others go over him. Only time will tell how long that will last.