DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC (and Stairs) 2014

MGFanJay

WWE.com is reporting AJ Lee, Luke Harper and Dolph Ziggler all suffered injuries during WWE TLC tonight.

The website noted AJ Lee was tended to by trainers after the incident during her match in which Nikki Bella sprayed Lee in the eyes with hairspray.

WWE Doctor Stephen Daquino told WWE.com AJ suffered chemical conjunctivitis, but the medical staff was able to flush her eyes with saline to help prevent any longterm damage to AJ’s vision.

WWE.com also noted both Luke Harper and Dolph Ziggler were treated for wounds suffered during their ladder match. Harper received 5 staples to the side of his head, and Ziggler suffered a laceration on his head which was treated with skin glue and bandages.

The dumbasses used real hairspray???

I think they're mixing their chocolate and kayfabe

• Like 3

They've mentioned on commentary that Rollins is paying for his own security now.

And Noble and Mercury are how he chooses to spend his money? Jesus. I know Mr. Hughes is dead, but there's gotta be some better options out there.

I still don't know if Rollins is supposed to be smart like the announcers bill him, or if he's supposed to be a guy who thinks he's smart because the announcers bill him that way, but is actually an idiot.

Which means that they're idiots too.  Like the whole company is a company of idiots in storyline and we're supposed to reject everything they say...because it's a world of demented mental slugs on parade.

• Like 1

You guys are sleeping on them using real hairspray for that spot and whatever the fuck it was used for the Dean/TV spot.

Apparently you have to be as simple as fucking hairspray for WWE to get something right.

You guys are sleeping on them using real hairspray for that spot and whatever the fuck it was used for the Dean/TV spot.

Apparently you have to be as simple as fucking hairspray for WWE to get something right.

But did they? The medical update isn't a court document, it doesn't have to be completely legit. Age of the internet and they're still werkin' us, Maggle!

If I was Seth Rollins and needed security, I'd be on the phone to Papa Shango.  See if I could afford to have him revive Big Bubba Rogers and zombify him.

Failing that, I'd ask what he'd charge to zombify PG-13.  No particular reason.  Just feel zombie Jamie Dundee might be an improvement on living Jamie Dundee.

Depending on what drug of choice Jamie currently has, he might look like a zombie already.

So based on the other bodyguards listed so far, Seth has only done better than Chris Jericho in the hiring department so far.

Depending on what drug of choice Jamie currently has, he might look like a zombie already.

So based on the other bodyguards listed so far, Seth has only done better than Chris Jericho in the hiring department so far.

What makes you think Noble and Maercury are an improvement over Ralphus?

They've mentioned on commentary that Rollins is paying for his own security now.

And Noble and Mercury are how he chooses to spend his money? Jesus. I know Mr. Hughes is dead, but there's gotta be some better options out there.

I still don't know if Rollins is supposed to be smart like the announcers bill him, or if he's supposed to be a guy who thinks he's smart because the announcers bill him that way, but is actually an idiot.

Which means that they're idiots too.  Like the whole company is a company of idiots in storyline and we're supposed to reject everything they say...because it's a world of demented mental slugs on parade.

He's Peggy Hill.

• Like 3

He's Peggy Hill.

I don't know if Seth is good enough to win Substitute Teacher of the Year 4 times.

• Like 1

He's Peggy Hill.

I don't know if Seth is good enough to win Substitute Teacher of the Year 4 times.

latest.jpg

Now Seth, You know the School Board won't allow any Brass Ring Grabbing.  At least not since the atheists sued.  It's inappropriate Bourgeois psycho-dramatic metaphor and we need to protect our precious snowflakes from it.  Excuse me while I proofread this tater tot copy.

• Like 1

This show just reeked of "trying too hard." Just a constant stream of meaningless spots and guys overcomepensating for not having any compelling stories. And the stories did not get more compelling via this show either.

Harper/Ziggler was fine in a vacuum, but why exactly were these two having a super death match? The spots were violent and visually impressive, but it felt completely hollow since they've never gotten out of "standard wrestling feud." There's no storyline reason for these guys to want to kill themselves to take the other with them, and neither of them has a daredevil gimmick, so it's pretty much the epitome of a meaningless spotfest. Also, how does Ziggler go from savior of WWE to carrying the worthless IC belt in 3 weeks? You can tell they had some long-term planning on that one.

I don't know if I've mentioned yet how much I really liked Rowan getting the spot to challenge Show. I was terrified we'd get more horrible Cena/Show matches, but Rowan stepping up was a good first singles program for him. It was the lone piece of inspired booking heading into the show. So naturally, we get the completely non-sensical result of Show going over clean and fairly dominant at that. I didn't have much faith the writers could keep Rowan relevant past February, but it looks like they're fast-tracking him to not even being worthwhile Rumble filler. When you try to push someone new, typically you're supposed to protect them by having them win most of their matches (or at least lose in ways that still keep them looking like a threat for future singles matchs). Jobbing clean to The Big Show in 2014 does not fit that bill.

The tables match was cookie-cutter Cena. Is there any good reason Rollins couldn't lose a clusterfuck to Ambrose, but Cena gets to clown him? And a triple threat with Rollins/Cena/Lesnar would've been preferable to the diminishing returns Cena/Lesnar one-on-one series. Come January, Lesnar, who is one of their best wrestlers, will have had 10 matches in his second run with 7 of them being against 2 guys. Of course, when Reigns wins the Rumble to face Lesnar, I'll probably be lamenting that Cena couldn't be having a 5th match, so maybe there's no pleasing me.

The rest of the show was completely forgettable, including the main aside from the memorable finish (though not for any good reasons). Why did Bray Wyatt need this win exactly? One might say because he's floundering at the moment and hasn't been too credible for a while, but maybe they should've thought of that before he got wrecked by Cena or went 50/50 with old man Jericho. What exactly does Ambrose do now coming off two losses in blood feuds with guys of similar standing?

Why are people even buying that the hairspray thing ISN'T a work? The whole "we flushed her eyes before it was permanent" thing seems like a cop out.

I wish they'd run an "AJ is blind" angle.

It would kind of explain her marriage.

• Like 3

Not a bad PPV, but definitely got overshadowed by NXT.

Ziggler and Harper had a great spotfest, though at times I found myself worrying about their well-being and taken out of the match. Its a miracle Harper didn't break his arm on that dive.

The tag team title match just felt like a showcase for Mizdow's comedy, inoffensive but unmemorable.

I think I liked Show/Rowan more than most. I feel like they did the best they could with a goofy stip, and I think the wrong guy won.

Cena and Rollins was different, i really like the table broken over the post spot. I fell asleep at some point before the finish and missed the rest of the show.