DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Typically 2 bad teams playing is dreadful. Like the game against Indiana a couple days ago. First quarter of Bucks and Sixers was great though. Figured I would end up changing the channel a bit. No need. Tony Wroten can finally use both hands effectively. Great to see the improvement. A player will develop better in the pros rather than college if they get minutes. Making it risky to come out early for guards that won't be taken at the top of the draft. He's fortunate to be in this position and thankfully he is making the most of it.

Liberty Ballers tweeted that it's what the all star game would look like if you selected the 24 worst players in the league. Tomorrow will probably be a seal clubbing vs the Heat but at least I'll get a t-shirt and some mindblowing 3D image show for the pregame.

• Like 1

Carlos Boozer's awful. I don't want to see him play, but then I think he's so bad that he might just get us closer to a top 3 pick. Byron would be better off starting Ed Davis over Boozer or Hill, but don't tell him, we need to get Boozer to play 30 minutes a game. :)

That was a good win for the Cavs, although they played a really slow pace tonight. As much as I love Delly, I wonder if he's the best choice to close out games. Granted he drew that big charge late, but I can't help but think Waiters would have been a better option. I think Waiters has been really surprising thus far about how well he has played within the system. I think once he gets more comfortable and they open it up a bit, he can develop leak out chemistry with love much like Corey Brewer did in MN.

Lakers - Clippers was a fun game. Lakers tailed off in the 4th and Crawford was knocking down some crazy shots to keep the Clips close and eventually take the lead. Kobe's looked a lot better than I expected. Looks more like he did his last healthy season.

Clips need to improve defensively a lot. Blake's really great now. I remember when you use to leave him open for jumpers and purposely foul him and now you can't. He even took a couple of threes in the game.

Lakers gonna get blitzed by the Warriors tomorrow though. Back-to-back after a tough loss. Can't see that ending well.

I love Chris Paul in the back ground with this look of confusion. They can't really just be standing there can they? I mean, the game is on, right? Um inbound it, to Blake over there man see what happens.

In all seriousness, the Lakers played a lot better yesterday, and obviously gave the Clippers a legit game; the Clippers have some defensive issues of their own.  Still, even when the Clippers were down in the 4th, I didn't think the Lakers were going to win the game.  The thought barely crossed my mind.  Kobe ran out of gas and Clippers have too many offensive weapons for the Lakers (Crawford rainbowing threes from Hades, that sneaky Griffin dunking on you while your setting up your game plan, etc.).

Their opponents have scored: 108, 118, and 119 points against them.

Next up for the Lakeshow...Golden State

Edited by _MJ_

Loving Tankadelphia through 2 games.  Noel is playing well and it will be interesting to see how they perform when MCW gets on the court.  

Best part is still Malik Rose on commentary.  If you have a chance to listen to a local broadcast, do it.  The guy belongs on a national broadcast, he is too good for local games.

Holy shit.  Crazy finish to Bulls/Wolves.  K Mart drains a 3 to put the Wolves up by 1 and Jimmy G BUCKETS responds by getting Wiggins off his feet and making both free throws with .2 left!  What a great game by both teams.

Butler and Gasol were clutch for us down the stretch, but I really loved what I saw out of the Wolves.  Don't look now, but Anthony Bennett looks like a player.