DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I thought the Cavs looked flat and like a team that hasn't really played together. There was so much over passing in the first half, it was like no one wanted to get called out for playing outside the offense. I thought they moved fine and will find cohesion as they go on. I wouldn't be surprised if they are like 9-8 or something before playing better. I'm not worried yet.

Its funny only in the context of how much Lebron was hyping this pregame. . . .

So Chicago beats New York in the first game at MSG. New York beats Cleveland in the first game in Cleveland with the returning Lebron. Tomorrow Cleveland plays us in our first game at the United Center.

We're going to lose aren't we?

I hope so

He certainly has a point and was his usual Chuck self in making it. He also called out Phil Jackson for throwing Fisher under the bus.

One night later Anthony has 6 assists, JR Smith 7. Fisher might be the best coach in league history.

It will be interesting seeing what all the role players have to offer for the Thunder. Might not be the worst thing to ever happen if someone steps up consistently to carry over to when they are back healthy.  It shouldn't put them in a large enough hole that they can't break out of I don't think. They do have a good amount of Eastern Conference team on the schedule from until mid December.

If anything, OKC will learn to play a better team game now, instead of relying on the big guns so much.

True, but they just might be watching the playoffs on TV.  They might not win 5 games while those guys are out.  The West is too stacked.  

KD and Russ will not only have to come back right on schedule, they will have to play in mid season form.

The Thunder's situation is what happens when a team is pennywise and pound foolish. Not the Harden trade necessarily, but their refusal to every spend above the tax, and relying on Westbrook and Durant has come back to bite them in the ass. I guess they get to see if Scott Brooks actually can coach.. . .but since they are the Zombie Sonics, fuck em.  . . 

The Thunder's situation is what happens when a team is pennywise and pound foolish. Not the Harden trade necessarily, but their refusal to every spend above the tax, and relying on Westbrook and Durant has come back to bite them in the ass. I guess they get to see if Scott Brooks actually can coach.. . .but since they are the Zombie Sonics, fuck em.  . . 

Really, is there any team in the NBA that wouldn't be fucked if their top 2 players got hurt?

The Celtics are 10 deep! Of course most of the guys are "OK" players but there's no real drop off with the seconds unit..

I could not even begin to guess who the Celtics' 2nd best player after Rondo is.  Green?  Bradley?  Man, that roster is kind of a shitshow.

Klay Thompson's getting a 4-year max extension.  Not sure I'd pay him that, but for 2 guards it's a sellers' market.

Typically 2 bad teams playing is dreadful. Like the game against Indiana a couple days ago. First quarter of Bucks and Sixers was great though. Figured I would end up changing the channel a bit. No need. Tony Wroten can finally use both hands effectively. Great to see the improvement. A player will develop better in the pros rather than college if they get minutes. Making it risky to come out early for guards that won't be taken at the top of the draft. He's fortunate to be in this position and thankfully he is making the most of it.

• Like 1