DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Klay Thompson reminding people that the max deal for him looks like a damn good idea with that posterizing of Robin Lopez tonight.

The Warriors are looking scary early on. Winning shootouts, running people off the floor, winning with defense...I like it.

The got lucky with some calls late last night. But, yeah, they're a friggin' problem for the rest of the Western Conference right now.

The idea of getting lucky with some calls late means they took advantage of the calls. If they don't, nobody talks about it. They didn't directly lead to them winning the game.

That being said, how does Portland lose that game at home with the Warriors playing their third game in four days like that?

Do the Warriors win the game if the out of bounds call isn't reversed? Who knows but the three or four defensive stops they had afterward were as important if not more important. I'm liking the decision to trust Steph to guard the other team's point guard more often, I'll be interested to see how he fairs against Chris Paul.

That said Aldridge is a beast.

Tonight was my first chance to see the Celtics, and that is a gritty group of young guys.  They were down by 30 at one point, battled back and nearly beat Dallas.  Really solid on defense, and I think if they had a legit scorer, they'd be super dangerous.  Marcus Smart about to get his first flopping fine though lol.

Was at Nets home opener tonight. All I really learned is that without Durant and Westbrook OKC are pretty terrible.

And hey, at least the Sixers were competitive tonight.

The Sixers are a fun team to watch.  The hope is that Noel, Wroten, and MCW continue to develop as the season goes on and in two years you add guys like Embiid, Saric, and this years pick to the mix.  

They are far too young to match up against the top talent but they play hard.  You don't get the feeling that they are going through the motions.

The league is ticked over the blatant tanking but you have to love the marketing.  At least they are upfront and honest with the fanbase and people are buying into it.  

• Like 1

I was at Sixers/Houston tonight.

The Sixers are one of the most interesting teams I can remember seeing the past few years. They have so little talent. The only guys on the court who have any significant NBA are Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexy Shved. Then they have Nerlens and K.J. McDaniels and Tony Wroten and a bunch of guys who wouldn't be on the league if it weren't for the Sixers.

That said, they play really hard. And, not just that, they play pretty smart. There were a few sets and plays they made tonight where I could see the Spurs influence -- those weird-angled passes, guys sneaking into the right spaces on the court, etc. Brett Brown's a hell of a basketball coach doing the absolute best job imaginable with a horrible roster. They'll get better when they get Michael Carter-Williams back. He's a really smart player for someone so young.

I actually love watching them play. The Lakers will probably win 15 more games than them (at least), but will be so completely dreadful to watch.

• Like 1

And people in hell want ice water. Its nice to want things. . .

But people in hell DO have air conditioning because it fucks with ozone layer (if I were more tech savvy I'd post the image of Billy Chrystal as Satan)

Tonight was my first chance to see the Celtics, and that is a gritty group of young guys.  They were down by 30 at one point, battled back and nearly beat Dallas.  Really solid on defense, and I think if they had a legit scorer, they'd be super dangerous.  Marcus Smart about to get his first flopping fine though lol.

We need to start playing some damn East teams! Beat the shit out of BK and all downhill since then though as you said it was a great effort last night.

I actually love watching them play. The Lakers will probably win 15 more games than them (at least), but will be so completely dreadful to watch.

At the rate the Lakers are going and if they keep playing Boozer, they'll be pretty close to the Sixers in the loss column. They've been horrible defensively and they're getting killed by all the West teams.

I'm kind of hoping Byron suddenly grows white hair as the season goes on.

Byron's three-pointers and titles line is the quote of the year. Really, dude? Have you seen professional basketball at all during the last, oh, decade or so?

He did say they do get you to the playoffs. Maybe you should try that first, then?

I give him 10 more games.

They'll never fire him before the all star break, unless Kobe threatens Buss Jr. with a shotgun. Kupchak is going hard for dat tank.

I can't see him resigning either, its not like he's getting another job soon or ever. . . 

So Andrew Wiggins looks like something special. Brook Lopez looked like he was posessed by Yinka Dare, and for the Nets sake I hope its just rust. Seriously he looked awful.