DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Parsons playing flat as hell, and the two technical fouls definitely made the difference.  I still like what I saw tonight from the Mavs.  Team defense was a pleasant surprise.  Dirk should have faced up Green on that last possession and just let it fly. Parsons has to get his legs under his shot better.

I was looking at the little gold tag on the jerseys and i already hate it. If anything, the gold tab should be on the individual jerseys of players who actually have rings. It feels weird seeing Carlos Boozer wearing a gold tag but LeBron won't have one when he suits up.

I remember arguing in the off season that the addition of Asik could make NO a playoff team.  AD is a FREAK!!!  AD finally being able to roam around at the 4 could very well shake up the entire league.

Edit:  O yeah.  NBA GIF season has also begun!

HospitableSomeBanteng.gif

• Like 3

Goodhelmet, can you fix the "ignore feature" so I can add you to my ignore list. Thanks!

i might fix it where you can only read my posts in the NBA forum. That would be wild.

Anyway, I wonder if the Lakers will have 20 years of bad draft picks, injuries galore and bad trades and we'll call it the Dwight Howard curse. It will be like the Len Bias curse but not as tragic.

Goodhelmet, can you fix the "ignore feature" so I can add you to my ignore list. Thanks!

i might fix it where you can only read my posts in the NBA forum. That would be wild.

Anyway, I wonder if the Lakers will have 20 years of bad draft picks, injuries galore and bad trades and we'll call it the Dwight Howard curse. It will be like the Len Bias curse but not as tragic.

If I show up on the board tomorrow and see that every forum, every thread just leads to your posts, I'll definitely be impressed. :)

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

The fear is Randle has a broken tibia. Xrays will confirm, but Lakers believe it's broken.

Someone mentioned it might be the same injury that James Worthy had his rookie year.

Sucks since I do like Randle. He's young, should recover, but DAMN this season was already gonna be bad...Now its just like last year.

Time to start my draft prospect shopping list. Last year, I think I started mid-November. This year, already!

If I show up on the board tomorrow and see that every forum, every thread just leads to your posts, I'll definitely be impressed. :)

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

The fear is Randle has a broken tibia. Xrays will confirm, but Lakers believe it's broken.

Someone mentioned it might be the same injury that James Worthy had his rookie year.

Sucks since I do like Randle. He's young, should recover, but DAMN this season was already gonna be bad...Now its just like last year.

Time to start my draft prospect shopping list. Last year, I think I started mid-November. This year, already!

Maybe the curse of Jimmy Buss? Kobe's done too many things in his career to blame it on him, especially since the owner was the one who gave him the obscene contract.  .

Parsons playing flat as hell, and the two technical fouls definitely made the difference. I still like what I saw tonight from the Mavs. Team defense was a pleasant surprise. Dirk should have faced up Green on that last possession and just let it fly. Parsons has to get his legs under his shot better.

Didn't Parsons show up 20 lbs overweight?

I love Parsons, but Ariza has better D and is a better shooter with a quick release and looks well suited for the Rockets. Where did this Ariza come from? Last time he was with the Rox he was terrible.

Aria can't handle that great, and we'll miss Chandler on the break. But I think we'll be OK.

Harden is in mid season form: 17 free throw attempts. Terrence Jones looks great. Dwight is Dwight.

I think we'd win the East. We're probably a 4 seed at best in the west barring a thunder collapse while Durant is out.

Parsons is overweight, but not in an unhealthy way.  He just added too much muscle.  He thought he'd be playing more 4 when Dirk rests, but I only see that happening in small ball lineups like we were running last night.  Charlie V and Aminu are getting the backup 4 minutes, so Parsons needs to slim back down.  I also think he's got a ton of pressure to perform, but hopefully that will even out soon.  Having the second game against the Jazz is quite the blessing actually.

I watched all of the Pelicans/Magic yesterday (and the Royals game).

Anthony Davis is insanely good. I know that's obvious. But it's ridiculous. He just flies all over the court. Don't sleep on Ryan Anderson, either. He's one of the most underrated guys in the league. One of the best Stretch 4's in the game.

What's really interesting about AD's stat line -- they didn't run a ton of plays for him. Or, more accurately, the ballhog guards they have looked him off a bunch so they could take HORSE shots in the mid-range game. A lot of AD's points came on him getting boards and the like.

I wish that team had a real point guard.

Also, we'll all have crushes on Elfrid Payton by the end of the year. He's really intense AND THAT HAIRCUT!