DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

Catching up on the Peterson stuff. Is he really going for the 'poor me' card? And I normally think Clayton is the smartest guy ESPN has, but him feeling sorry that a multimillionaire isn't going to be allowed to make more money blows my mind.

Last refuge of a scoundrel. . . . 

And the Niners finally get around to releasing Ray McDonald

And it only took him raping someone to get to that point

Oh excuse me - "allegedly"

I'm sure it's just coincidence that it lines right up with the team being eliminated from playoff contention.

Was he the 9er that slapped a pregnant woman at a party with other players present mere days after Rice got off the ho-- was suspended for two games?

Was he the 9er that slapped a pregnant woman at a party with other players present mere days after Rice got off the ho-- was suspended for two games?

He was the one that committed some domestic violence virtually immediately after Sheriff Goodell announced "Okay okay domestic violence will be a 6 game suspension for the first offense from now on [sTOP YELLING AT ME IT'S UPSETTING MY PAYMASTERS!]" after people complained loud enough about Rice only getting 2 games, yes.  You can see me talking about him on page 1 of this very thread.

More prominent 49er knucklehead Aldon "Charles Haley" Smith had already been suspended 9 games for repeated knuckleheadism so he was at least in the clear on this debacle.

FWIW:

DCRTV hears that the Federal Communications Commission has ruled that the term "Redskins" is not an obscenity. The FCC's Thursday statement came in a rejection of a petition from George Washington University law professor John Banzhaf that argued the license of Redskins owner Dan Snyder's Northern Virginia relay of sports talker ESPN 980, WWXX, 94.3 FM in Buckland VA, should not be renewed because of its broadcast of the Washington NFL team's name, which Banzhaf called "a derogatory racial and ethnic slur."

Not sure if this goes here or in the Weekly thread but ESPN is reporting that Commish has told the Raiders, Rams, and Chargers NO team will move to LA for 2015. So I have to ask...why would the Commish be able to stop it...wouldn't any move be an owners vote?

• Like 2

NFL players must be a lawyer's dream true. The players got enough money to pay to get off of any real repercussions, the lawyer looks like some kind of genius at practicing law, and whatever personal lawyers charge at the multimillion dollar is enough for the law school and then some.

Not sure if this goes here or in the Weekly thread but ESPN is reporting that Commish has told the Raiders, Rams, and Chargers NO team will move to LA for 2015. So I have to ask...why would the Commish be able to stop it...wouldn't any move be an owners vote?

Maybe to get ahead of any talk like all of the rumors surrounding NHL expansion?

The threat of moving to LA to get a new stadium is now valuable than having a team there?

Goodell (nee Tagliabue):

"GIve me your public money to build a new football stadium, or I'll take your beloved football team.... [Mr. McMahonVoice]  ... TO LOS ANGELES~! "

Yeah, that's been one of my pet conspiracy theories for a while

Latest news from Ray McDonald's case says that McDonald was drinking with. . .Aldon Smith.

Smith is on probation from all the other stuff he's had happen to him. Terms of his probation say no drinking.

Idiot.

I can't even feign surprise.  Look, when I talk about how Aldon Smith reminds me of Charles Haley in every way, I'm not exaggerating.

Well, he hasn't peed on a reporter's car yet, but a new offseason just waiting to be filled with knucklehead moments is just around the corner...

Look at the NFC receivers selected: Dez Bryant (#1 in receiving TDs), Julio Jones, (#1 in receving yardage), Jordy Nelson (#2 in yardage and TDs), and Calvin Johnson (the best WR in football.)

It's an arguable decision, but I really don't see it as some huge snub.

Yea, with Beckham it is more "which WRs that made the pro bowl are worse than Beckham," its not a ranking of all players.  They can't have 20 WRs and two linemen.  The only players he had better stats than is Megatron and AJ Green, so that's not really fair but name recognition will always be a factor.