DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

We will never know the truth but since the Patriots have been caught cheating multiple times, I wonder what they have done and did not get caught?  Somebody needs to pitch this for a 30 for 30.

As this picture taken at Robert Kraft's home before Sunday's game will tell you, the answer is "Nothing.  Absolutely nothing."

B74OLZfCYAAF_87.jpg

• Like 1

I think that was Jesse, not Bobby.

He really takes the old Bobby Heenan mantra of "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat" VERY seriously.

I'm pretty sure this was originally attributed to Gorgeous George, and was thought of as the first wrestling catch phrase. 

Brad Johnson says he bribed some unnamed people 7,500 bucks to tamper with the game balls for the Bugs/Raiders Superbowl. Scuffed up all 100 balls to make them easier to grip and catch.

They knew every audible the Raiders had. That wasn't enough?

Gee, the Patriot fan thinks it's a bullshit story, what a shock.

It's not about them needing to cheat to win. Nobody is going to say the difference on Sunday was some deflated footballs (unless they are ingesting some mighty fine drugs at the time). It's a story about why the fuck they would bother cheating at all, and that's not bullshit.

If the league somehow finds evidence that they tampered with the balls during the game, I hope the Hoodie gets the ban hammer for the Super Bowl. They gave Sean Payton a year off for Bounty Gate, surely a second time getting caught breaking the rules deserves a one game suspension for Bill.

• Like 6

If the league somehow finds evidence that they tampered with the balls during the game, I hope the Hoodie gets the ban hammer for the Super Bowl.

Even if there's evidence of tampering, rather than it being due to the cold/knocked about/Gronked, unless it's a smoking gun I doubt anything would stick due to the chain of custody with the balls. How many people have access to them?

As a Patriots fan, if it's genuine, flagrant, cheating then it is shitty.

Gronk had zero catches in the first half, so none of the 11 balls got Gronked. The cold weather argument would work, but only if Indy's footballs were deflated as well.

It's a good question, who actually has access to the footballs. Hell if I know!

It's nice that in these troubled economic times that the NFL will probably be hiring two "football holders" to maintain the integrity of the footballs next season. I need to get me signed up for that job. :)

Gee, the Patriot fan thinks it's a bullshit story, what a shock.

It's not about them needing to cheat to win. Nobody is going to say the difference on Sunday was some deflated footballs (unless they are ingesting some mighty fine drugs at the time). It's a story about why the fuck they would bother cheating at all, and that's not bullshit.

If the league somehow finds evidence that they tampered with the balls during the game, I hope the Hoodie gets the ban hammer for the Super Bowl. They gave Sean Payton a year off for Bounty Gate, surely a second time getting caught breaking the rules deserves a one game suspension for Bill.

One game? I'd give him a calendar year IF some definitive smoking gun is found. . . .

Will they find a definitive smoking gun? Probably not. It's best to just fine Belichick and move on. The NFL really shouldn't let teams handle balls that much IF the pressure in the ball is of such importance to them.

What do you recommend doing about Aaron Rodgers who admitted to also tampering with the air pressure in balls? http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-likes-to-tamper-with-footballs-too-1680676328

I love it not because I care about deflated balls or because I think it impacted the game, but I don't like New England and things like this and Spygate will piss their fans off for the next 20 years every time it is brought up.  If I have to listen to 20 years of BOY I LOVE LOSING SUPERBOWLS then they can live with 20 years of Spygate and Deflategate.

• Like 3

So Patriots fan thinks the story is bullshit because they're a Patriots fan and Niners fan thinks the story is bullshit because somehow we can factor the Seahawks into this and fuck the Seahawks... got it.

I didn't say it was a bullshit story, I agree that it's a big story but as for PEDs, It's not the just the Seahawks though they are the biggest offender. We know a lot of these dudes are running around with PEDs but every time someone is caught it's never front page news. Not in the NFL. It's always been strange to me how people react to different levels of cheating. PEDs?  Who cares.  Deflated footballs?  Kick them out of the league!

Shouldn't all cheating be wrong?