DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

It's the Pro Bowl - at least 30 more guys will get named to the team once others drop out

And then Peter King can use Pro Bowl selections as a reason guys should make the Hall of Fame

It's the Pro Bowl - at least 30 more guys will get named to the team once others drop out

And then Peter King can use Pro Bowl selections as a reason guys should make the Hall of Fame

That's why I'm not all that bummed that Harrison Smith didn't make it, even though he totally should have and got completely screwed.

I have a feeling that the two safeties from Seattle that made it are going to have obligations during Pro Bowl week anyway and will need to be replaced.

Odell Beckham Jr. is not an All-Star.  So according to the NFL, 86 players are better at football than he is.

Right, because they named 86 WRs to the pro bowl roster...

I understand people will always tend to bring up a player that got "snubbed" for something like this but offer up an alternative.  What WR would you take off of the roster to put Beckham on? The only one I think you could make any sort of argument for would be AJ Green and that would be a tossup.  Outside of him, there's no way you'd put him over any other WR that made it. 

Apparently the reason that Josh Gordon (and the Browns' other first-round pick, Justin Gilbert) missed practice on Saturday and, hence, are suspended for today's game is. . .

Because they were at a Friday night party thrown by Johnny Manziel.

This is the part where I once again express how happy I am that Minnesota had to "settle" for Teddy Bridgewater and didn't end up wasting a pick on that guy.

I don't think its normal for NFL QBs to throw big parties during the season on a 'work night,' while I am not saying he is solely responsible since they are all adults it still does show a lack of maturity.

No argument there. Even though he wasn't playing, JFF clearly just doesn't have his priorities right.

The Mueller Report is out.

You'll be surprised to learn that following the National Football League's investigation into the National Football League's actions in the Ray Rice matter, the National Football League has cleared the National Football League of any wrong doing.

In keeping with recent precedent in the Ray Rice matter, the league has announced that they will be suspending Adrian Peterson for eight more games.

(I may have made part of that up.)

• Like 4

The Mueller Report is out.

You'll be surprised to learn that following the National Football League's investigation into the National Football League's actions in the Ray Rice matter, the National Football League has cleared the National Football League of any wrong doing.

In keeping with recent precedent in the Ray Rice matter, the league has announced that they will be suspending Adrian Peterson for eight more games.

(I may have made part of that up.)

I heard the Vikings are going to lose draft picks in 2015 :lol:

"I'm thankful" was Marshawn's answer of the week.

I loathe the Seahawks. Loathe. I hate them perhaps more than Atlanta right now. But #beastmode is the best. I wish he played for Carolina. Love that dude.

Still mad at Ted Thompson for not trading for Lynch when Rodgers was trying to get him to the Packers instead of the Seahawks.

• Like 1