DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER ANIMATED GIF THREAD

That insane bump to the floor was the end of the match, right? (The one from PR)

More or less.  Flanagan didn't move after that and it looked like they were legit signaling for medical attention for him.  Or maybe not, since two minutes later, Banderas climbed down to the gym floor, tossed a few people out of his way, and insisted on covering Flanagan.  The ref counted, so......

This being Puerto Rico, there were several run-ins after this.  Banderas brawled with Savio Vega, who was managing/seconding Flanagan.  Then Savio bloodied him with a bat wrapped in bard wire.  Then a couple more guys ran in to attack Banderas.  And finally, Ray Gonzalez did a run-in and chased off the heels (yep, Banderas - who almost threw a guy to his death - was the babyface).

Flanagan was back wrestling the following week, btw.

Reminds me of Flanagan's death bump in PR a few years ago.

Oh come on, you can't just tease us like that.

I think he means this.

yg9hBmH.gif

I hope I'm not the only who thought this, but:

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

I've seen some dumb shit, but this is way way up there.

Skyman's bump looks worse to me.  He obviously botched the spot, so, on paper, the spot didn't look so bad.  No idea what Flanagan was thinking when he agreed to take that bump.

If you look closely at the GIF, there was a table he was supposed to land on which would've given him some padding... Banderas just sent him at the wrong angle.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Flanagan actually walked away from that under his own power.

ngx8y1.gif

I remember seeing this live as it happened, thinking" No way is he gonna hit that full force". Yeah I couldn't have been more wrong, obviously. Not nearly as bad as the huge spills of the last couple pages but it still makes me cringe every time.

Great spot; should have been the finish as Raven was pretty over.

Skyman's bump looks worse to me. He obviously botched the spot, so, on paper, the spot didn't look so bad. No idea what Flanagan was thinking when he agreed to take that bump.

If you look closely at the GIF, there was a table he was supposed to land on which would've given him some padding... Banderas just sent him at the wrong angle.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Flanagan actually walked away from that under his own power.

They both fell from at least a story willingly. They botched common sense.

• Like 2

I feel like Flash Flanagan also took a really dangerous bump off the balcony of the Nashville Fairgrounds as well.

Could be thinking of someone else though.  I kind of think Chris Michaels and Wolfie D took the same bump.  I know Rick Michaels got messed up doing it.  Seemed like there was a period where Bert Prentice really wanted guys to kill themselves taking that bump.