DVDVR Message Board

UNFINISHED story lines, angles, etc. What's the rumor?

This could range from Booker T's "I KNOW"  note to Stacy's baby... What was supposed to happen?  What did you want to happen? 

You know what I wanted to see?  Bad News Brown's mutated New York City sewer rats. Did we ever catch a glimpse?  I don't think we did.. 

This could range from Booker T's "I KNOW"  note to Stacy's baby... What was supposed to happen?  What did you want to happen? 

You know what I wanted to see?  Bad News Brown's mutated New York City sewer rats. Did we ever catch a glimpse?  I don't think we did.. 

We did.  It was a possum.

They never followed up on the favour Booker owed Orton for winning the best of seven series against Benoit. Since Orton would be involved with Angle at Mania, he should have arranged to lay pipe on Sharmell in order to throw Angle off his game and into a jealous rage.

This would look almost dignified next to the exploitation of Eddie's death from around the same time. 

• Like 1

I don't think that entire Vickie Guerrero/John Cena/AJ Lee storyline from a couple of years ago that went on and on and on ever got a conclusion. AJ just turned heel and went with Ziggler and the whole thing never was mentioned again.

As a big Raven fan I also remember a storyline on Raw around 2001/2002, where Raven kept lurking around backstage, seemingly plotting something and I kept thinking "Oh, this is gonna be good!".

And then nothing...

I don't think that entire Vickie Guerrero/John Cena/AJ Lee storyline from a couple of years ago that went on and on and on ever got a conclusion. AJ just turned heel and went with Ziggler and the whole thing never was mentioned again.

As a big Raven fan I also remember a storyline on Raw around 2001/2002, where Raven kept lurking around backstage, seemingly plotting something and I kept thinking "Oh, this is gonna be good!".

And then nothing...

Raven was supposed to do a Se7en-style angle where he would feud with guys based on sins they committed.  It would have ended with him feuding with Matt Hardy with Raven being envious of Matt and Lita.  So Hardy = Brad Pitt, Lita = Gwenyth Paltrow, Raven = Kevin Spacey.

• Like 1

Booker T should have been Morgan Freeman in Raven's Se7en angle.

Not an unfinished angle, but probably not what was planned from the beginning. If the Jackyl hadn't left the WWF, do you think he would have been revealed as the Higher Power, as was one of many rumors. Surely, the plan couldn't have been Vince the entire time.

Wasn't it said that GTV was gonna be revealed to be Goldust?

Others I can think of:

Angle/Steph/HHH love triangle

The 2 Samoan guys (I think it was Samu/Rosey) who would come out and watch Fatu's matches when Fatu was "makin' a difference"

Umaga vs Jackass guys

If I recall, GTV was originally GDTV (at least the first week or two), so I just assumed Goldust being behind it was the original plan.  Or that's what they wanted everyone to think, or something.  It was late-90s WWF, it could have been anything.

This could range from Booker T's "I KNOW"  note

IIRC the notes said "I remember" and it was supposed to be Goldust returning. But this is when he was fat and drugged up, so they scrapped it.

I'm pretty sure I read that the Higher Power was supposed to be DiBiase coming back (he just left WCW), but he backed out at the last minute and Vince stepped in.

The two Samoan guys that were from "Makin' a difference" Fatu were Samu and Rosey, but Fatu got repackaged into the Sultan and the Samoan's became the Samoan Gangsta Party and went to ECW, and did a pretty decent fued with the Gangsta's.

What was the Gobbledegooker supposed to be?

Gobbledygooker was allegedly supposed to be Mark Calloway in some sort of Eggman gimmick (whatever that could have possibly been), but someone decided that was dumb even by WWF standards and they threw a turkey in the egg at the last minute.

The story I had read was that one of the proposed conclusions to the GTV angle was that MTV's Tom Green would be the man behind the camera, but Vince turned it down because he had no clue who he was.

That's what Russo recently wrote in a column. He wanted it to be Green TV but Vince had no clue who he was so it became Goldust TV.