DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh I do, too.  Job interviews are just a bullshit game and everybody knows it.  The key is really to just not say anything that would disqualify you and to be personable enough that they think you can get along.

In a team interview I was part of, we had a guy come in and tell us about choking a co-worker who made him angry. My fellow interviewers RANKED THE GUY AS THEIR TOP CANDIDATE AND HE GOT OFFERED THE JOB. if he had actually gotten hired, I would have quit. Couldn't believe the whole thing. 

• Like 1

Oh holy shit that is fucking amazing. 

Speaking of...if the interviewer does ask a wacky outside the box question like those listed here, feel free to choke them the fuck out.  Drag their unconscious body to the HR office, explain what happened.  Any company worth a damn will hire you on general principle.

My youngest daughter goes in today to get fitted for a back brace. She has scoliosis and since she started puberty, the curves in her back accelerated so the doctor prescribed the brace. She'll wear it 20 hours a day for two years. It's a Boston brace so it pretty much disappears beneath he clothes but, dammit, she's an 11 year old girl and this is a big change. This is the option that should stave off the need for surgery. As a dad, like all dads, I just wish I could take this on for her myself.

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh holy shit that is fucking amazing. 

Speaking of...if the interviewer does ask a wacky outside the box question like those listed here, feel free to choke them the fuck out.  Drag their unconscious body to the HR office, explain what happened.  Any company worth a damn will hire you on general principle.

Here's the thing (from the old ex-recruiter), your resume and the clever recruiter that you are working with have convinced the Hiring Authority that you are skillswise a match for the job. The face to face is to determine whether you are the sort of person that most people on the team would like to have lunch with. 

• Like 1

been in pretty solid shock this week. An uncle's cancer has returned, and he's refusing chemotherapy. Every blood relative elder male of mine (my father and his brothers, and my mother's brothers) has had cancer. His ex-wife passed way this morning, also from cancer. 

I am trying not to ask why the same shadow comes to visit so often.

1 hour ago, BL88 said:

been in pretty solid shock this week. An uncle's cancer has returned, and he's refusing chemotherapy. Every blood relative elder male of mine (my father and his brothers, and my mother's brothers) has had cancer. His ex-wife passed way this morning, also from cancer. 

I'm sorry. Best wishes, man.

On 4/8/2016 at 9:05 AM, Ramsey said:

My youngest daughter goes in today to get fitted for a back brace. She has scoliosis and since she started puberty, the curves in her back accelerated so the doctor prescribed the brace. She'll wear it 20 hours a day for two years. It's a Boston brace so it pretty much disappears beneath he clothes but, dammit, she's an 11 year old girl and this is a big change. This is the option that should stave off the need for surgery. As a dad, like all dads, I just wish I could take this on for her myself.

4 hours ago, BL88 said:

God damn @ both of these.  Best of luck to both of you and yours.

On 14/04/2016 at 11:35 AM, Red is Dead said:

Lost a work colleague to cancer today - she was a good ol' girl who's smile and charm lit up a room.

Peacefully lost at 3am this morning. #fuckcancer.

Sorry to hear this, Mike. Best wishes.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Pop Quiz.

One fine upstanding member of the DVDVR Forum has his keys currently at the bottom of an elevator shaft:

Can you guess who?

What the hell, Monday? What the hell? When did my life become a mid-90s sitcom?

Right shitter. Sorry 'bout that.

Mine isn't nearly as bad as the other ones on this page, but my car's warning lights lit up like a pinball machine on Saturday:  Battery, brake, and oil change(which I was at least due for).  The car ran okay enough on the way to the repair place, though the steering wheel seemed a bit stiff.  When I was almost there, I noticed that the temperature gauge was WAY up...I was lucky it didn't overheat.  So my car's in the shop and they're waiting for the parts they need, so I'm in a rental for a few days.  The only vehicle that Enterprise had available was a red minivan...so after ten years of people joking that I look like I would drive a van, now I am.  Har har.  OF COURSE it'll be expensive to get my car fixed, but oh well.

Houston is going through another 100 year flood for the second year in a row. Shut the city down yesterday. Today, you gotta go to work, if you can find. Street that's not flooded. I can't even get out of my neighborhood. Not for lack of trying though.

Turned out my car was WAY worse than I thought...I'm already about a thousand dollars in the hole for the stuff they already did(mostly replacing the alternator) and it would cost a thousand more to get all the work done they say it needs(water pump, particularly).  So, it looks like I'm car-shopping and this minivan rental will have to last for a week and a half total.  The Aveo served me well, but I guess it's time to bid adieu.

Ugh I'm at the same point with my car - it's a 1997 Corolla with almost 300,000 miles on it that I've had since I was 18.  

Check engine light is on and can't pass smog check without a couple thousand dollars worth of work.  And I'm a month away from it being 6 months late and they could tow my car if I get caught at that point.  So it's probably time to start checking out all those auto financing deals I've been getting in the mail recently.  Or find a shady smog check place and keep running my car into the ground until it dies.

Bought Witcher 3 (XB1) today after work. Witcher 3 won't install. I see the tiniest scratch possible, but the disc is flawless otherwise. The GameStop where I got it is an hour away. Screw that. Not making that drive for the 11th time this week. So much for my weekend plans. 

I rarely have gaming time these days and then this shit happens when I do. 

So I go to turn in my rental today.  The Aveo's alternator was replaced(for about $1200 parts & labor, ugh) and I may need to start packing water jugs in case it overheats again.  Will probably have to car-shop in the next few days.  If nothing else, the Aveo's paid off and I didn't wreck the vehicle (this time)...

So there's a safeguarding issue in regards Miss red and a member of staff at her nursery.

It's been referred to the police.

The nursery refuse to say what it's about as it's an ongoing investigation. which doesnt hep me or mrs red A) come to terms with what has happened and B) how we help miss red deal with this.

Fuck's sake mate.

10 minutes ago, Red is Dead said:

So there's a safeguarding issue in regards Miss red and a member of staff at her nursery.

It's been referred to the police.

The nursery refuse to say what it's about as it's an ongoing investigation. which doesnt hep me or mrs red A) come to terms with what has happened and B) how we help miss red deal with this.

Fuck's sake mate.

Shit. Best wishes bud. Here if you wanna natter.

• Like 1