DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

You should find a way to combine standup with magic and mime all at once! You'd never get work. Throw in a mime ventriloquist dummy to top it off.

It's time that stand-up comedy had its own G.G. Allin. Urinate on the front row and throw poop at the hipsters sitting in the VIP section; all the while yelling: "Are you being entertained!?". At the very least you'll wind up on Tosh 2.0 with Daniel sticking things in your butt for no particular reason, as he just seems to enjoy that sort of activity.

My grandfather passed away last May. His will is still slowly and poorly being handled, and this week the secondary beneficiaries (all the grandkids get 1/11th of 20% of the estate), were offered an early payment of half of what we will be inheriting...about $2500. All well and good, because times are tight right now; but my one uncle who is helping with this is a known embezzler who is clearly suffering the early stages of dementia. I feel like I'm in a lost Arrested Development episode right now.

How do you know you're not? I did hide cameras in your residence when you weren't looking, but that's unrelated, this is for a...special project.

• Like 1

I can't say if things are worse or am I just weaker. The last year in particular feels like it has broken something in me. Like no glue or tape, just mail me back to the manufacturer. 

I'm still t don't know if angry is the word, but upset about the fire, I have lost over a thousand dollars since February. Between deposits, extra hundred a month in rent and power bill irregularities. When I moved I received an estimate from the manager about what to expect from my power bill. Naturally she lied, which I expected, but not to this degree.

I'm mad the old apartment offered three families apartments before me. Now I could be wrong, but I think being there ten years entitled me to first refusal. 

Finally in regards to the apartment, the owner got 300,000 dollars while myself and a dozen families got to be in debt. It seems like they should not be rewarded for not knowing how to do basic maintenance and screen potential renters.

Vic:

Not knowing the full circumstances, I could be way off base, but it sounds like there was some sort of insurance pay-out to the owners, so I think Mike is on the right track with looking into suing for some of that $300,000.00 It sounds like you can easily document hardships and financial woes stemming from the incident, if there's so much as a hint of negligence on the part of the landlords, you can bet that you'll get a payout (maybe even out of court).

You're right John. 

You know I have thought of suing since it happened. The big problem with it is with my depression its hard (not exaggerating) to get motivated to shower and get dressed. 

But beyond that I have a personal relationship with the manager. I have had my differences but she currently has cancer and I don't want to pile on her. 

Not saying that like I'm some great guy. But I like to think I'm not an asshole.

"Fuck 2015", "Fuck 2016" and so on annoys me when it comes to celebrity deaths.

This isn't a comment on being affected by a celebrity death. I definitely understand those emotions. But people die, and celebrities (being people) also die, and a celebrity you like is bound to die each and every year. If you think otherwise, I've got some bad news for you...

Also, throw in the "celebrity deaths come in 3" type posts too.

• Like 2

"Fuck 2015", "Fuck 2016" and so on annoys me when it comes to celebrity deaths.

This isn't a comment on being affected by a celebrity death. I definitely understand those emotions. But people die, and celebrities (being people) also die, and a celebrity you like is bound to die each and every year. If you think otherwise, I've got some bad news for you...

Also, throw in the "celebrity deaths come in 3" type posts too.

That and these posts:

December 2014: Man, I am SO done with 2014. 2015 is going to be so much better.

December 2015: Man, I am SO done with 2015. 2016 is going to be so much better.

December 2016: Man, I am SO done with 2016. 2017 is going to be so much better.

Honestly, I see the same people make that post every year.

Fuck this state or Canada, both I guess. It's not supposed to be above 0 in actual air temperature again until monday afternoon for about 12 minutes.

How DARE they have hope for the future!

I'm just saying that if every year sucks for you, then maybe you should change something or something.

Now would this change come from a nose twitch or a blink?

My apologies. I was unaware that making significant life changes could only be accomplished via some form of magic or voodoo or what have you.

I'm just saying that if every year sucks for you, then maybe you should change something or something.

My apologies. I was unaware that making significant life changes could only be accomplished via some form of magic or voodoo or what have you.

No that would be silly. Everyone knows that blood sacrifices to Cthulhu are required.

You should apologize for assuming people are not trying to make positive changes. 

No that would be silly. Everyone knows that blood sacrifices to Cthulhu are required.

Had I but known!

Very minor in the grand scheme of things. But it annoys me when an ebay seller charges way too much on shipping and then takes five days to get off their ass and put it in a mailbox. Again a minor irritant, especially with the great service I receive normally.

• Like 1