DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

UGH.  Good luck, man.

Yeah, it was kind of sudden. I was literally working on a project in my office when my supervisor and her boss came in, handed me my severance pay and told me that I had to leave immediately because it "wasn't working out." They offered to give me a great reference for future employment. If my interviews on Friday go well then I'm financially better off for having been laid off (since I have the severance pay). I hated the job and the supervisor was flaky and not supportive. Being the only single twentysomething in the office was kind of lonely and it was a bad cultural fit. 

My parents told me to stay positive since I hated the job. I'm taking the girlfriend to NYC this weekend (planned before the layoff). Since it's a long distance right now and I really need to get out of Vermont, I'll just focus my job search where she's living now. 

My parents also live in Florida so they're like "lol you idiot, why are you in Vermont? Just move here." My dad offered to talk to one of his contacts in my field to see if he can line up an interview for me there. 

I went through a few jobs like that, where I just wasn't a good fit but I needed whatever paycheck I could get.  Thankfully things worked out in the big picture and I just needed to move on anyway.  All the best in finding something new.

Somber time of year for me.  January 30th would have been my mom's 62th birthday; she passed away on February 11th of 2006 from lung cancer, so it's been almost ten years.  I lived with her at the time(so, yeah, I lived the gimmick, LOL) and had to learn really quickly how to survive on my own with my meager radio station board operator salary.  I still live in the same house with the dogs that she got about a year before she passed away (they're both 11 years old now).  While I've made it this far, life is still a rocky road as I had issues even before her passing.  She was never into the whole wrestling thing, but I took her to WCW Slamboree in 1999 since it was on Mother's Day and in St. Louis.  She indulged me as it related to my comedy aspirations since my cousins and I would do amateur-ish recreations of our favorite SNL skits.  While I'm still working on the whole life thing and I've got plenty of flaws, I hope she's proud of me.

• Like 8

Patrick I want to apologize to you for Sunday night. That was uncalled for and you did not deserve it.

That goes for everyone else in that thread I insulted. I was going thru some bad stuff and was looking for a distraction. But that does not excuse anything. So I sincerely apologize.

• Like 1

Damn it they are changing the KFC Colonel again and for reason it is Jim Gaffigan  :unsure:

As a marketing guy. allow me to point out the obvious.

KFC, IF YOU HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING THE CHARACTER IN YOUR CAMPAIGN, YOUR CAMPAIGN IS FUCKING FLAWED.

KFC needs a new marketing company because that's fucking ridiculous.

Damn it they are changing the KFC Colonel again and for reason it is Jim Gaffigan :unsure:

KFC, IF YOU HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING THE CHARACTER IN YOUR CAMPAIGN, YOUR CAMPAIGN IS FUCKING FLAWED.

I think the point is to keep changing comics dressed as the Col.

Damn it they are changing the KFC Colonel again and for reason it is Jim Gaffigan :unsure:

Well, they changed the first one due to "focus group complaints."

Marketing is the very least of KFCs problems. How they stay in business in a world that has Popeye's is beyond me.

I do not care for Popeye's. When they first moved to Decatur they actually had a turf war with KFC, with KFC going really cheap. But eventually they ignored them. 

Gabriel Iglesias as Col Sanders is going to be interesting.

(I don't pay attention to stand-up much any more, but he's next in the progression, right?)

Marketing is the very least of KFCs problems. How they stay in business in a world that has Popeye's is beyond me. with grocery stores that fry chicken in crack-laced grease and sell it to the masses for less than six dollars makes no sense to me.

THIS.

I have multiple grocery stores right by me that sell tastier chicken cheaper. I like KFC but only go there when I'm dying to have the extra crispy.

Wrist has been bugging me since I took a bad spill back in December and tore my knee up (knee is still numb from that but slowly getting better). Finally had an MRI done last week which revealed a non united fracture but no ligament tear. Come the doctor appointment today... it's a ligament tear. Surgery next week (the day before Asbury Park so no NXT for me, thankyouverymuch) and looking at six months recovery time. Lovely.

Wrist has been bugging me since I took a bad spill back in December and tore my knee up (knee is still numb from that but slowly getting better). Finally had an MRI done last week which revealed a non united fracture but no ligament tear. Come the doctor appointment today... it's a ligament tear. Surgery next week (the day before Asbury Park so no NXT for me, thankyouverymuch) and looking at six months recovery time. Lovely.

6 years later as Pete continues to knock out people with the cast....

• Like 4