DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Considering the success of the Shield and the Wyatt's, using the 6-man tag format to bring guys up and get them aquainted to the main audience isn't the worst idea in the world.

Also gives more guys that are just eating up space on the roster and barely see a match on Main Event a chance to get on TV and have something to do 

Who would be the top female wrestlers in the world right now. To be honest the WWE product still does next to nothing (although there are a few exceptions now and then) for me as far as women's wrestling goes, but I'm wondering who are the best female workers in the world at this stage in time?

Waant there an even stranger wcw six man champ?

Like tommy rich, jyd and ricky morton?

They won the belts initially Wikipedia says. The Freebirds, York Foundation and Big Josh teams are the other ones. The team they defeated to win them is even better. Buddy Landel, Dutch Mantell and Dr. X(Moondog Rex).

Who would be the top female wrestlers in the world right now. To be honest the WWE product still does next to nothing (although there are a few exceptions now and then) for me as far as women's wrestling goes, but I'm wondering who are the best female workers in the world at this stage in time?

These days I am totally out of touch with joshi and with the US indie scene (SHIMMER, SHINE, etc). There's probably very good work being done in those places, as a lot of the usual faces from 5 or 8 years ago are still active.

But the CMLL luchadoras tend to put on entertaining matches week in and week out, if lucha is your thing. If it's not, it should be. ;)  They have some good chick rasslers.

Yeah, Punk'll do anything that moves

That was directed more towards AJ, who's idol is Lita. It's not hard to be a working rat.
Pretty sure he knew where that was directed and was trying to deflect/save the thread before anyone actually typed the word rat...

STL-area indy stuff:

St. Louis Anarchy has loaded up their next show(May 2nd in Alton, IL) with Chris Hero, Takaaki Watanabe, Alex Shelley, Davey Richards, and Jonathan Gresham among others.

Dynamo Pro has a busy April with three shows:  Saturday 4/5 in Fenton MO, Saturday 4/19 in Glen Carbon IL with Davey Richards, and Tuesday 4/22 in St. Louis.

SICW is running the next two weekends:  Saturday the 22nd in East Carondelet IL, Saturday the 29th in Caseyville IL.

MMWA's next show is Saturday 4/12 at the South Broadway Athletic Club.

A new group called PWCS(Pro Wrestling Championship Series) runs its first show on Saturday 5/31 in Granite City IL.

NWA Central States has a show on the 29th in Richland MO.

You can go to indy shows practically every weekend around here if you want...most of the groups draw pretty well and the in-ring content is usually solid at least.

• Like 1

Been a while since I have watched any US indy work or lucha, but in Japan I would say Kana, Yoshiko, Io Shirai, Arisa Nakajima, Nanae Takahashi, & Meiko Satomura stand out the most.

• Like 2