DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

They retaliated by trying to gang rape Chyna in the ring like a week or two later. Shawn made the save.

I don't remember that at all. I remember sometime in 1999 them ending a RAW very randomly with Billy Gunn and X Pac attempting to rape Stephanie. But it was revealed the next week in passing that it was just an impersonator they hired to screw with Vince or soemthing.

The Attitude era is very weird and disturbing in heinsight.

May have even been later in the year. Was when Henry kept trying to ask out Chyna. Rock called her out, and then they showed on the Titantron there was a forklift blocking the DX lockerroom door, they implied that they were about to gang rape her, and then Shawn randomly ran out and chased them off with a chair.

Very awkward.

Yeah, that DX skit about the Nation has always seemed kind of vaguely racist and very un-funny.

On the same roundtable episode, JR on Randy Orton being active on Twitter...

"Thank god for spell check."

• Like 1

Thing I realized at 1:45am.. you could make an analogy between the McMahons and the Golds (Hardcore Pawn). Les Gold is Vince, Seth is Shane, Ashley is Stephanie. Not to mention that Les' grandfather/Jess McMahon were both the first of their family lines in pawn brokering/pro wrestling.

Oh great, now I just imagined Vince/Stephanie/Shane trying to run a pawn shop

• Like 1

*guy walks into store*

*early 90s Royal Rumble promo music blares out of a nearby Casio boombox, Vince jumps out from behind a tuba*

"A COLLECTION OF UNWAAAAAAAAAANTED WEDDING RINGS! A LA FEMME NIKITA BOXSETTTTTTT! MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS PAWNED OFF BY JUNKIESSSSS!

........AN OOOOOBOOOOE!"

• Like 6

Watching Summerslam 1990. Why on earth did Vince not give Kerry a manager to speak for him? Was it that the babyface never gets a manager?

Also, why change his name? Vince didn't change Dusty or Flair's names - presumably because he figured he could sell more tickets with her famous names. With that not have been the same thing with Von Erich as a name?

I really think the 'wrestler impersonates their rival' bit is overused, and rarely funny. What would be considered the best ones? One that I thought was really great is Kurt Angle as Shawn Michaels, when he puts Sherri in the anklelock. He got the Shawn entrance down perfectly.

I usually suck at the future endeavored threads because I see money in almost everyone on the roster. I sincerely believe they are underutilizing Kingston and Ryder because they fit more into a kid-oriented product.

The Zekes/Bournes probably have fairly low downside guarantees so it costs them next to nothing to keep them around.

I read somewhere they're considering throwing Ryder in when the Miz/Ziggler team of "disgruntled guys" get going. 

I love Arn Anderson, but Nash as Double A is fucking classic. I never skip over it when I watch the first best of Nitro dvd. Everybody else in that skit, not so classic.

I also really like Road Dogg as D'Lo. Geniunely one of the funniest things to ever happen in wrestling. And Jason Sensation's Owen is spot on. Didn't he do other impersonations besides Owen?

I love Arn Anderson, but Nash as Double A is fucking classic. I never skip over it when I watch the first best of Nitro dvd. Everybody else in that skit, not so classic.

I also really like Road Dogg as D'Lo. Geniunely one of the funniest things to ever happen in wrestling. And Jason Sensation's Owen is spot on. Didn't he do other impersonations besides Owen?

He did a Shawn Michaels w DX right after Michaels turned heel and joined the Corporation. Pretty funny. Not as good as Owen, but pretty good.

I always thought Road Dogg as D-Lo was by FAR the best part of that skit. X-Pac as Miz-ark gets the point for "most racist." I thought HEnry got to squash X-Pac a few weeks later. MAybe I am misremembering...

I haven't seen near enough talk about Harley Race in March. He did show up in the GIF thread giving the best "I'm too old for this shit reaction" ever.

Harley is the reason for the season.