DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Alright. This is the last thing I'm going to post about March Madness here, before I do the brackets tomorrow.

Should I even bother putting Davey in? 

You spelled 'Bryan' wrong. Just name the tournament after him and let's spend a month arguing over something interesting.

What's wrong with that is he busted the shit out of Paul London's face with that move.

Fucking seriously. He stomped him full speed in the face, what a shitty thing to do.

Are all people this disconnected from the prowres that they've lost any sight for what is light, snug, stiff, potato and  YOUCOCKSUCKINGMOTHERFUCKER?

• Like 2

I'm curious to see what happens to the network once the novelty of having all kinds of old shows available(which were already available on youtube) dies out. I don't think they have enough fresh stuff up there to keep people coming back.

I don't think that there is going to be much of a problem.  There is basically endless wrestling at your fingertips, all in DVD quality video.  All the other little stuff like the so far very well done Wrestlemania Rewind, Legends Rountables, and the classic TV shows from WWE, WCW, ECW, WCCW, and whatever the fuck else they have in their vault.  Even if people decide that they have watched everything except current PPVs, it is well worth $120/year in perpituity for most wrestling fans with a full time job.  Seriously the margin between what you would pay for every PPV in a year, and a year of WWEN is worth it by itself if you have any interest at all in watching the current WWE product. 

It seems like most people around here have only seen Davey Richards in gif form but outside of ROH I don't find him all that offensive.

Would a lizard people gimmick work in the WWE?

Needs a paranoid face (Eric Young would be perfect) start making accusations of collusion between random people backstage, and of an underworld uprising/conspiracy.

Slowly it turns out that he's right, and the commentators start to hint at them being possibly of the lizard person persuasion.

It'd be a nice rehash of the new world order rehash if nothing else.

Warrior will tell everybody about the lizard people during his HOF speech.

It seems like most people around here have only seen Davey Richards in gif form but outside of ROH I don't find him all that offensive.

Would a lizard people gimmick work in the WWE?

Needs a paranoid face (Eric Young would be perfect) start making accusations of collusion between random people backstage, and of an underworld uprising/conspiracy.

Slowly it turns out that he's right, and the commentators start to hint at them being possibly of the lizard person persuasion.

It'd be a nice rehash of the new world order rehash if nothing else.

Warrior will tell everybody about the lizard people during his HOF speech.

Warrior and David Icke would probably get along famously.

Can Davey Richards hit a decent Missile Dropkick?

Can Davey Richards throw a decent punch?

Does Davey Richards keep his air bill paid?

If we can answer 'yes' to any of these then he has earned his round 1 stomping in March Madness.

Yes. Not especially. Presumably yes, since he is still breathing.

Alright. This is the last thing I'm going to post about March Madness here, before I do the brackets tomorrow.

Should I even bother putting Davey in? There's a couple of super-indy guys that I don't think will even get a handfull of votes, and I'd rather just give it to a Lucha or Japanese guy, or hell even a midcard WWE guy that deserves it. ARe there any super-indy guys that have to be in?

I know it's been tradition to have Davey get his ass beat in the first round, but with me including global guys as opposed to medium leveled filler from America, I feel kind of bad leaving some people out.

Look at your 64th guy.  Can you say one interesting thing about him or her?  If yes, put them in and spare us the gif fest which we've just seen here.  If no, put them in and spare us the gif fest we've just seen here.  Put in Big Cass or something.  Anything!  Anything other than this boring, boring conversation we've had 16 times already.

Traditions like this are dumb.

• Like 1

Should I even bother putting Davey in? There's a couple of super-indy guys that I don't think will even get a handfull of votes, and I'd rather just give it to a Lucha or Japanese guy, or hell even a midcard WWE guy that deserves it. ARe there any super-indy guys that have to be in?

I know it's been tradition to have Davey get his ass beat in the first round, but with me including global guys as opposed to medium leveled filler from America, I feel kind of bad leaving some people out.

Look at your 64th guy.  Can you say one interesting thing about him or her?  If yes, put them in and spare us the gif fest which we've just seen here.  If no, put them in and spare us the gif fest we've just seen here.  Put in Big Cass or something.  Anything!  Anything other than this boring, boring conversation we've had 16 times already.

Traditions like this are dumb.

Just call an audible and put Lance Archer in there.

• Like 1

Kevin Federline really was a good sport about the jabs and played his heel role effectively.  It has to be much more fun playing the bad guy when you're a celebrity doing a guest spot.

I remember there was some talk at the time about having him be more of a regular because of how good he was in his role and how he got along with everyone backstage. I kind of wish that would have happened.

• Like 1

Kevin Federline really was a good sport about the jabs and played his heel role effectively.  It has to be much more fun playing the bad guy when you're a celebrity doing a guest spot.

I remember there was some talk at the time about having him be more of a regular because of how good he was in his role and how he got along with everyone backstage.

And it's not like he had any more pressing engagements.

• Like 1

One thing every good celebrity appearance has in common is, they actually put over the wrestlers. Mayweather did pin Show, but it took an army and he got his ass kicked the entire time.

As opposed to recent years where D list celebrities come in and kill what little credibility the divas had to work for.  

• Like 1

The March Madness bracket has me all a flutter right now. And, with the last couple months to work on, I'm not nearly as convinced as Bryan is gonna walk straight to the title: Cesaro is fucking bringing it right now.

Please please make sure they aren't in the same bracket Jae, please?

Furthermore, which NXT guys get in is very interesting. Sami, Neville, Bo, Emma, and Paige should all probably be there, but who, if any, gets in outside of them? Kruger, Graves, Regal, English, Breeze, and Big Cass I'd be happy to see in, but I wouldn't be surprised if even half of them do.