DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So in Chicago next week, I think Batista should come out to Cult of Personality, but he is interrupted by Randy Orton coming out to This Fire Burns. It was his music originally anyway. Maybe Stephanie can come out to that AFI song while we are at it.

Vic, I know you think this is a terrible idea, and it probably is. I just want to see HHH's troll face.

If Vince really wanted to mess with the crowd he would play Cult of Personality at the beginning of the show and then have Aaron Paul come out dressed as Punk.

Would a lizard people gimmick work in the WWE?

Needs a paranoid face (Eric Young would be perfect) start making accusations of collusion between random people backstage, and of an underworld uprising/conspiracy.

Slowly it turns out that he's right, and the commentators start to hint at them being possibly of the lizard person persuasion.

It'd be a nice rehash of the new world order rehash if nothing else.

• Like 1

Needs a paranoid face (Eric Young would be perfect) start making accusations of collusion between random people backstage, and of an underworld uprising/conspiracy.

Slowly it turns out that he's right, and the commentators start to hint at them being possibly of the lizard person persuasion.

David Icke approves this idea ; ).

• Like 5

Delirious says hi.

well he says BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH, BAH.

• Like 6

Alright. This is the last thing I'm going to post about March Madness here, before I do the brackets tomorrow.

Should I even bother putting Davey in? There's a couple of super-indy guys that I don't think will even get a handfull of votes, and I'd rather just give it to a Lucha or Japanese guy, or hell even a midcard WWE guy that deserves it. ARe there any super-indy guys that have to be in?

I know it's been tradition to have Davey get his ass beat in the first round, but with me including global guys as opposed to medium leveled filler from America, I feel kind of bad leaving some people out.

Do we have any image ninjas in here that can take the background off this pic (the white area) so I can put it in another photo for a joke in my office?

Its DDP, so it's wrestling related.

How's this? (You'll have to take me on trust that there's no background there, unless you're using a different skin to the default.)

m6KzaJb.png

• Like 1

Don't put Richards in. His perception here is well known. No way he can overcome this gif.

tumblr_mmdwbjN3SX1qhjbxeo9_250.gif

I've seen that superlex .gif and it's brutal. But what's wrong with that? It looks like a death move.

The only Richards match I saw was the NXT thing against The Ascension. That match stunk.

I'm curious to see what happens to the network once the novelty of having all kinds of old shows available(which were already available on youtube) dies out.

WWE's still got a ton of stuff in the vault that they can unleash every 6 months to keep people interested.  Hopefully they start producing more original non-wrestling show content (talk show, legends roundtables, etc).  Hell, even bring back Vince and Tuesday Nigh Titans type show.

I'm curious to see what happens to the network once the novelty of having all kinds of old shows available(which were already available on youtube) dies out. I don't think they have enough fresh stuff up there to keep people coming back.

They will probably adjust if they see that happening. They will have to I believe. I don't think long term the PPV price will matter all that much. Inevitably they will become a 2 big show per year company. Wrestlemania and Summerslam. 6 months apart to keep people renewing. In a way it might turn out to be a good move that they switched so many PPVs to gimmick PPVs since that will help separate RAW from the other PPVs. Match quality things aren't all that far apart already.