DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

From the Bleacher Report and PWI Insider:

"As for the Triple H and Bryan option, giving Bryan a shot at a future title match would do well to pacify his discontented fanbase as well, especially if it gives him a chance to finally thwart the man who has made his life a series of frustrating moments. The company reportedly isn't planning for Bryan to win that match, though.

PWInsider, via WrestlingInc.com, reports that regarding Triple H vs. Bryan, "nobody within WWE expects Bryan to go over." Insert Triple H's shovel joke here. If that scenario is indeed what comes to pass, expect several non-PG chants to echo through the Superdome. For WWE to crush the people's hero yet again is a risky move. The WrestleMania audience would make the reaction to Batista's Royal Rumble seem tame."

Wha...why...this...WHAT?

Because they gotta keep that young up and comer Triple H strong for...

All this does is further my belief that this is some kind of a guerrilla push for Bryan, where dumb shit like this that makes no sense keeps leaking out because they know every dirt sheet will just run with it.

I've done a lot of searching on Google but I can't find any info on this indy show coming up, so: there was a flyer at work today advertising Jeff Jarrett wrestling in Manchester, TN next weekend. Details? That's like 20 minutes away from me, tops.

Yeah, it is. Dan Rather is on there, Tom Green doing his talk show, a bunch of live music, InsideMMA, all the MMA B/C-level shows, stupid shit like Art Mann. It's owned by Marc Cuban. By all rights it is better than most other satellite channels honestly. 

I caught Foley telling the end of the DDP crackers joke with some chick who had jewelry hanging from her crotch. Then they had bad comics come on after that and I changed the channel immediately

My current problem with HHH is if he can still wrestle then be a wrestler. I know he's been hurt a few times but he seems like he can still go when he wants. If he really wanted to make this boss HHH character work he needed to retire from the ring and then go off TV for like 2 years. Obviously his ego would never allow that. To me the boss can't be a guy who could also be champion.

• Like 2

Agreed. It's like he's decided to go ahead and play the egomaniac, talent burying, bullshit artist that the dreaded IWC has made him out to be. Mind you, I've never thought he was the "once in a life time talent" that he and the WWE have tried to make him out to be but that's neither here nor there. I think Cornette said it best. "Triple HHH didn't draw money, he worked with guys that drew money."

• Like 1

WWE Hall of Famer Adam "Edge" Copeland and former WWE Diva Beth Phoenix (a/k/a Elizabeth Kocianski) welcomed their first child six weeks ago. Edge spoke briefly about it while being interviewed on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight. Watch the show at CBC.ca/strombo/videos/full-episode.

Credit: prowrestling.net

Congratulations to Edge and Beth Phoenix. Big Edge fan!

• Like 2

I've done a lot of searching on Google but I can't find any info on this indy show coming up, so: there was a flyer at work today advertising Jeff Jarrett wrestling in Manchester, TN next weekend. Details? That's like 20 minutes away from me, tops.

It is for Bert Prentice's USA Championship Wrestling promotion. Jarrett is wrestling Chase Stevens on the card. If you check out Jarrett's Facebook page, you can see the flyer. The strange thing is that the flyer does not appear on the USA Championship Wrestling Facebook page. (They don't have a website.) I don't know if that is a good sign.

Agreed. It's like he's decided to go ahead and play the egomaniac, talent burying, bullshit artist that the dreaded IWC has made him out to be. Mind you, I've never thought he was the "once in a life time talent" that he and the WWE have tried to make him out to be but that's neither here nor there. I think Cornette said it best. "Triple HHH didn't draw money, he worked with guys that drew money."

Cornette is an idiot and that's a stupid fucking point to make.

• Like 2

Look who's made the wwe.com website:

15 Superstars you forgot existed.

Braden Walker

15_ECW_08052008jg_0161.jpg

Every now and then, a competitor arrives in WWE with such a heralded reputation that it’s hard to imagine anything short of massive success. Superstars like Chris Jericho, Big Show and Kurt Angle all arrived with those expectations and lived up to their hype. Unfortunately, Braden Walker did not.

A star in the world of sports-entertainment before ever stepping foot in a WWE ring, Walker debuted on ECW in summer 2008. But with a tubby physique that was more George Costanza than George Foreman, Walker didn’t excite many. Still, he managed to defeat cigar-chomping Cubano Armanda Estrada in his first match, so maybe there was hope.

There was not. Walker was gone after one more matchup, leaving all to wonder what the hype was about. — Z.L.

Any mention of Braden Walker needs the following:

• Like 3

Braden Walker

Every now and then, a competitor arrives in WWE with such a heralded reputation that it’s hard to imagine anything short of massive success. Superstars like Chris Jericho, Big Show and Kurt Angle all arrived with those expectations and lived up to their hype. Unfortunately, Braden Walker did not.

A star in the world of sports-entertainment before ever stepping foot in a WWE ring, Walker debuted on ECW in summer 2008. But with a tubby physique that was more George Costanza than George Foreman, Walker didn’t excite many. Still, he managed to defeat cigar-chomping Cubano Armanda Estrada in his first match, so maybe there was hope.

There was not. Walker was gone after one more matchup, leaving all to wonder what the hype was about. — Z.L.

"With a tubby physique ..."  Ouch.  And given the tubs of goo they've pushed hard in the past ... double ouch.

after seeing a clip of Daniel Bryan doing a double underhook suplex into a cross armbreaker.. Del Rio should be looking for new ways to apply his finisher just to mix it up. 

...but then we have to see more Del Rio on TV. I can't imagine anyone wants that!

Braden Walker

"With a tubby physique ..."  Ouch.  And given the tubs of goo they've pushed hard in the past ... double ouch.

My late father, a cop for 30+ years, used the phrase "tub of goo" to describe portly awful people he'd have to arrest/battle during the course of his work day. I applaud you sir.

• Like 1

I expect they'd be less snarky towards Harris if he hadn't been a TNA star first. 

Also, did anyone really think Harris/Walker was a can't miss prospect for the WWE?  First time I've ever heard that said.  The company couldn't have put him in the same category as Angle, Jericho, and Show.  I kinda thought Harris was a longshot to get over in the WWE.  From what I remember of him, decent worker, but without the mic skills or charisma that would make him a "can't miss". 

• Like 1