DVDVR Message Board

True Detective

caley

So I watched the second half of the season over the last couple of days. To sum it up: art's wise (cinematography, music, design etc.) I would consider it as a full success, acting also was pretty good. However, as everybody here seems to think as well, the writing was so bad, both on a macro-level as well as on the micro-level (to me it seemed that they really tried to see who could write the worst monologue for Vaughn).

• Like 1

Can someone translate that for me?

It looked kind of cool and the actors were good but the material was terrible.

That's probably more to the point then my rambling attempt.

That variation of the theme song posted above is great.

I got through it but goddamn what a chore i could pick out a hundred things wrong with the finale but whats the point.

One thing that annoyed me was Bezzerides going from tough as nails man-eater to lovesick puppy out of nowhere. Bolo Ray has that magic stick!

As for casting for S3, ive always said id like to see Brad Pitt in this kind of series format so im gonna say Pitt and Fassbender chasing Forrest Whitaker.

• Like 1

So I watched the finale. It was certainly....a thing. A thing that happened for 86 minutes.

Frank has been around for how long and he falls for the coordinated Training Day cars surrounding me bit in the middle of the day? I'm dying laughing over that.

Yeah, Osip was the head Russian but that's the kind of show this was. Every time I'd hear his or really anyone's name outside of the main four characters I'd be trying to think of who the hell they are talking about.. 

And look..  I watch Game of Thrones likes it's my job.   Even more characters on that show but I remember all of them.

I got through it but goddamn what a chore i could pick out a hundred things wrong with the finale but whats the point.

One thing that annoyed me was Bezzerides going from tough as nails man-eater to lovesick puppy out of nowhere. Bolo Ray has that magic stick!

As for casting for S3, ive always said id like to see Brad Pitt in this kind of series format so im gonna say Pitt and Fassbender chasing Forrest Whitaker.

Pitt and Fassbender would kick so much ass. Find a way to make Benedict Cumbatch the villian and it would be too awesome for the world to contain.

• Like 1

Now I want to see a Wayne's World True Detective spoof.

True Detective 3 - The Legend of Del Preston. Set in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, Wayne and Garth must investigate the mysterious murder of a shopkeeper and his son, who were apparently... 'Del Preston voice' beaten to death with their own shoes... Nasty business really.

Now I want to see a Wayne's World True Detective spoof.

True Detective 3 - The Legend of Del Preston. Set in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, Wayne and Garth must investigate the mysterious murder of a shopkeeper and his son, who were apparently... 'Del Preston voice' beaten to death with their own shoes... Nasty business really.

The son was probably a bad sort who couldn't toe the line and walk the straight and narrow.  He heeled it up by shoehorning himself into a shady business deal and got the bad side of some legit bad customers.  The gangstas tried to warn him off by making him walk funny but that didn't work and he and his straight-laced pa got kicked to the curb - permanently.  As a warning to other amateurs, the real gangstas cut out the son's tongue. 

I'll show myself out now.

If I trusted this show to actually handle a female character well, I'd honestly want Sarah Michelle Gellar for season three. I know her attempted return to TV hasn't really worked out so far, but I think she could do it.