DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

I'm more talking about what's going on now that studio execs can latch on to and say "Add this! Make us money! Bring us more mutton"

It looks like Dark Knight Ninja Transformers

This has a brief moment that might be NSFW near the end. I'm really really looking forward to this. From Ari Folman,  the director of WALTZ WITH BASHIR

AVClub has their summer movie preview out, and it's called "The Road to Leprechaun: Origins: Our Guide to the 2014 Summer Movie Season." 

http://www.avclub.com/article/road-leprechaun-origins-our-guide-2014-summer-movi-203867

http://www.avclub.com/article/road-leprechaun-origins-our-guide-2014-summer-movi-203913

They're all set-up like:

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (July 11)
Magically delicious premise: Years after the events of 2011’s Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, a super-virus has pushed humanity to the brink of extinction; instead of playing nice with the hyper-intelligent apes now living among them, the survivors make the boneheaded move of declaring war. This is why we can’t have nice things, like the Statue Of Liberty.
Worth your pot of gold? Probably. Rise was a reasonably entertaining reboot of the Planet franchise, and this sequel jettisons its most useless component—yes, that would be James Franco, whose character apparently died in the plague. Also, tapping Matt Reeves (Let Me In, Cloverfield) to direct seems like a wise move.
How it will prepare you for Leprechaun: Origins: Maybe by making you wish that Andy Serkis, who returns as primate leader Caesar, had scored the lead in that reboot, too. No offense to Hornswoggle, but Serkis should probably be cast as every monster, animal, humanoid thing, etc.

This has a brief moment that might be NSFW near the end. I'm really really looking forward to this. From Ari Folman,  the director of WALTZ WITH BASHIR

You had me with Harvey Keitel  The groovy animation was bonus.

Is Antacular back from suspension yet to give us shit for actually wanting to see this?

"I haven't mentioned this in at least a week, but I used to play football in high school. And anyone that played football in high school knew the Turtles were pussies. Anyone that disagrees is a pussy."

I'm pretty sure the new TMNT Movie origins of the Turtles jives with the new series explaination.  At least with what I've seen.  That is, April's father is a scientist that made the ooze, or at least some of it, and it created the Turtles.  The difference is that April's still in High School in the new show.

Yeah, I watch Nicktoons, so what?  I got a 6 year old dammit!

I'm pretty sure the new TMNT Movie origins of the Turtles jives with the new series explaination. At least with what I've seen. That is, April's father is a scientist that made the ooze, or at least some of it, and it created the Turtles. The difference is that April's still in High School in the new show.

Yeah, I watch Nicktoons, so what? I got a 6 year old dammit!

The CGI show with the Kraang who call themselves Kraang because they are the alien species known as Kraang?

That show is awesome. My 3 year old girl loves it.

At least it's better than Disney Princesses, I suppose.