DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Hell, if that's what they want to do with PATs, then go the NFL Europe route and make 50+ yard field goals worth 4 points.

Or go with the XFL rule. . .go for 1 point from the 2, 2 points from the 5, or 3 points from the 10.

Think that's what it was at the end, anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft--espn-analyst-hoge-says-johnny-manziel-has--bust-written-all-over-him-182454097.html

Hoge is a blowhard asshole, who still as ESPN because no one else would take him(probably). I'm Manziel neutral, so I don't care either way. I know this sounds really stupid, but there's something about "Blake Bortles" name that screams bust to me. Just doesn't sound like a star QB. . . 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft--espn-analyst-hoge-says-johnny-manziel-has--bust-written-all-over-him-182454097.html

Hoge is a blowhard asshole, who still as ESPN because no one else would take him(probably). I'm Manziel neutral, so I don't care either way. I know this sounds really stupid, but there's something about "Blake Bortles" name that screams bust to me. Just doesn't sound like a star QB. . . 

Something tells me Gruden will think they will both be great. 

630eb353e2ac03d7208217a3372236449ec14ee1

• Like 2

According to Ed Werder, Jared Allen is signing with the Seahawks. It might even get announced today.

And apparently now Allen has decided to go back home, think things over, and make a decision this weekend.

Not sure what his options are outside of Seattle, though.

Well he's said that he thought retirement was an option, so maybe he's deciding if he wants to play another season (or two) or not. Other than that I haven't heard of any other teams offering him anything though I guess it some teams may have just sent his agent an offer without a visitation.

To be fair - of the available currently in the NFL QB options, Schaub is probably the best option (I would take him over Vick or Cousins or the other floatsam and jetsam out there)

If they have decided they don't like one of the Big Three in the draft - they use the #5 now to grab an OL or Mack or Watkins and they could still draft Derrick Carr or that guy from the small school with the long name that I am totally spacing on now.

it's not as mockable of a move as some of the other Raiders deals. Will it work out... probably not but at least for Raiders fans they didn't sign Tim Tebow.

Per Schefter:

Oakland Raiders now are expected to trade a 2014 late-round pick to Houston Texans in exchange for QB Matt Schaub, per league source.

Oh Oakland, never stop doing whatever it is you do.

Oakland where former UVA Quarterbacks go to retire?  First Aaron Brooks and now Schaub it seems

it's not as mockable of a move as some of the other Raiders deals. Will it work out... probably not but at least for Raiders fans they didn't sign Tim Tebow.

Goddamn you, Rippa.  You throw out that name and walk away.  Ray Handley, motherfucker!