DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Ellie and Diana came off poorly following Owen's death, according to Bret's POV.

But then there's the story of Smith, his thumb, a cat's butthole, and Neidhart that rules. Bret's book cracked me up way, way more than I thought it would.

So today's episode has Raven talking about Bob Backland drinking beers and going to strip clubs. And now Jericho says Backland outdrank Dick Murdoch. And that's the most surprising thing I heard this week.

it's one of those storylines that has almost become urban legend. He gave the lowdown on it in one of his RF shoots and it sounded pretty great at the time, I remember the payoff being a fued with Matt Hardy over Lita because Raven was jealous of him

If memory serves (it's been forever since I saw that shoot), the first few sins would be represented by Raven going over jobbers. The 4th sin would lead to the first of 2 feuds, although I don't think he ever said with who, that would lead to Raven losing an "I Quit" match. Raven would return a few weeks later with the 5th sin (presumably going over another jobber). The last 2 sins (envy and lust) would be the feud with Matt Hardy. Raven would play a video of Matt kissing some girl and walking into a hotel room with her, then hanging a "do not disturb" sign on the door. The next part of it would be a vignette of Raven consoling Lita (and trying to grope her too). It would culminate with a promo where Raven says something about Matt's sin being lust and Raven's being envy because he was jealous of Matt being with Lita. Matt comes out, they brawl, it's revealed the guy in the tape wasn't Matt after all, Lita attacks Matt and leaves with Raven. Matt would eventually win the feud (and win Lita back), though their relationship would wind up crumbling when she confesses to cheating on him with Raven.

• 3 weeks later...

And then he cuts off Lit'a head and gives it to Matt in a box.

Which is when Dreamer comes into the fold.

Also, Dreamer could give Matt tips on how to look pained and cry for the final scene.

tumblr_m88u6zvQjE1rvk0h5o1_500.gif

Or perhaps he could ask Big Show

661%20-%20Big_Show%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%

Caught a few of his latest eps today, great stuff, as usual from Jericho. Mark Henry's interview was great, and it's crazy to think he's been around for so long. I was at his first match at Mind Games and it's mad to think he's still around. The episode with Mr. Belding was very good as well. My favorite out of the three was the one with Stewart Copeland. That was just fantastic. Chris is so good at being an interviewer who can generate a great back and forth with someone. He doesn't talk over people and gives them some great jump offs. Worth my time.

Also:  The list of alternate names.  Fresh Coat Of Paint!  I'm wondering if sometimes people are pushing one idea and filling the rest with turds to make option a look the best.  Only Vince will always pick the turds.

I feel like Kofi is the perfect reason why they shouldn't have combined the World Heavyweight and WWE titles. He seems like the type of guy who will never be WWE World Heavyweight Champion but would have eventually won the MITB and World Heavyweight Championship in 2016. Though if JBL could be a champion maybe Kofi will get a quick run as WWE World Heavyweight Champion while Cena/Reigns/Rollins/Orton are feuding without the title.