DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Selfies (16 Dec 2013)

Dolfan in NYC

The Wrestling Observer reported that a backstage incident took place between WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee and Michelle Beadle at the Tribute to the Troops tapings at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Pierce County, Washington.

Lee reportedly went on an obscenity-laced tirade aimed at Beadle upon seeing her chat with CM Punk, Lee's real life boyfriend, backstage at the event. Beadle confirmed the incident on Twitter by claiming she thought Lee's outburst was a "joke," implying that Lee might have been in-character.

Beadle later responded to an angry AJ Lee fan on Twitter by saying "Hon…it was done in front of company people. I didn't say a word. I thought it was a joke."

The Observer report went on to claim that Lee's outburst did in fact take place in front of WWE officials, who were said to be very embarrassed by Lee's behavior. It is expected Lee will be disciplined in some way.

Michelle Beadle and AJ Lee allegedly got into a backstage altercation at the WWE Tribute to the Troops taping this week, and WWE officials are said to be unhappy with AJ Lee for her outburst as Bealde was considered a guest of WWE's and they felt Lee's actions were embarrassing.

In a further update on this story, Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer had the following to say on the F4WOnline.com message board regarding the incident and the subsequent fallout:

"I've talked to several there. Everything is damage control now. According to more than one there, she cussed out Beadle and they were very upset, partially because Beadle was brought in as a host and it was a show when they were trying to put their best foot forward, saying it was a bigger deal because it was Tribute to the Troops. Four different people today and one last night including one person who got it from top management explained it the same way.

Even one person trying to defend her admitted she was way out of line and nuts, but said she overreacted because she knew Punk and Beadle had a short-lived deal.

It's way bigger than I reported last night as of 1 p.m. Central time in Houston. It is the story in the locker room, even backstage people who aren't usually talking about such things are are all talking about it."

A cartoon seen below was made by a fan online back in November of this year, and it mocks AJ Lee by showing a young Lee meeting Lita for the first time. The cartoon has reportedly made its way backstage in WWE:

fnzgpi.jpg

My favorite thing about the way Meltzer described the Selfie thing is he had to include "Vince was a big fan of Nelson Mandela"

Way to go out on a limb

Now picture Vince backstage with Rene Goulet, Tony Garea, and Pat Patterson trying to figure out why Mandela turned down his offer to be the guest ring timekeeper for Hogan vs Slaughter at Wrestlemania VII. 

Ok, Zeb I can see, but JBL? He was Nisei Million Dollar Man. "I'm richer than you" is as old a gimmick as "evil furriner".

I first read the end of this as "evil furrier" and was thinking "Jeez, are you going back to, like, Oregon Trail days???"  The Evil Furrier comes to your territory and pisses all over the local tanners for cheap heat?"

• Like 4

Ok, Zeb I can see, but JBL? He was Nisei Million Dollar Man. "I'm richer than you" is as old a gimmick as "evil furriner".

I first read the end of this as "evil furrier" and was thinking "Jeez, are you going back to, like, Oregon Trail days???"  The Evil Furrier comes to your territory and pisses all over the local tanners for cheap heat?"

JINDER MAHAL HAS DIED OF DYSENTERY

• Like 8

The Wrestling Observer recap says Abigail was revealed to be the rocking chair. They should give it a backstory, like it's possessing the soul of the Wyatts' mother or grandmother, or something, or used to belong to one of them and that was her name, etc.

Can anyone really be this dense?

Abigail is not the name of the goddamn chair...it's the name of the ghost that was sitting in the chair.

It was pretty obvious...duh-huh.

Someone needs to post a screencap and a .gif of Rey falling off of Show's shoulders. 

Everyone is talking about Henry and Big E. being the new Road Warriors, but after watching the match I thought of MVC/Steiners for some reason. Less amateur style but total hoss-ness. These four need to have a series with the eventual Henry swing being the cherry on top. Just let them toss each other around with suplexes for half a dozen matches before it happens.