DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

A)News people, STOP CALLING THEM X-FIGHTERS

2)People complaining about a black stormtrooper are stupid.  It was ONE SHOT, how do you know he's not a rebel spy?  You should be more curious/up in arms about why Stormtroopers still exist.

I thought the whole idea was that the Clone Troopers were dying out, and so they had to start recruiting actual people to fight for the empire, and that's why they were Storm Troopers in the first place. The clones would all be well over 40 years old by ep 4, and over 70 years old by the time Force Awakens is set, wouldn't they?

Also, why does this film appear to have the Rebels still fighting the Empire? That war was won 30 years ago! The Emperor didn't have a named heir, did he?

Stormtroopers still being around means that the Rebel Alliance has fallen back onto the fascistic bad habits of the Empire, but hey at least they look cool, amirite?

The guy at the beginning could literally be ANYTHING

All of the armor is being used on the secondary market by third galaxy warlords somewhere.

EDIT: while ultimately sort of a tasteless comment, on a reread it came out as more racially charged as I meant it to be. Even though it didn't seem to bother anyone, it still bugs me a bit in retrospect, so Sorry. 

I thought the whole idea was that the Clone Troopers were dying out, and so they had to start recruiting actual people to fight for the empire, and that's why they were Storm Troopers in the first place.

Not exactly.   The events of the Kamino Uprising, the pivotal event which led to the end of the use of clone troopers, is covered in several SW video games and is considered to be canon..

BTW, "canon" is anything that Lucas thinks is cool.  SW Fans have this habit of trying to enforce timelines that Lucas refuses to.  When you accept the fact the George really doesn't give a shit about continuity, the better off you will be.

So you guys liked the trailer.

Because I don't. I didn't even know what I was watching. And by that I mean it just looked like some fan-made trailer filled with a lot of bullshit some Jedi cosplayer thought would be cool, like fucking soccer droids and light saber cross guards, but just would up looking like they were trying way too fucking hard.

Even the setting we're seeing. Is that Tattooine? Jesus Christ, enough with Tattooine.

It's a fucking teaser trailer...

• Like 1

As for why there are still Stormtroopers...the Empire's crumbled, the Rebel Alliance is now the government in charge and you're not going to let their equipment go to waste. So you outfit your own guys in the perfectly good armor. 

As for why there are still Stormtroopers...the Empire's crumbled, the Rebel Alliance is now the government in charge and you're not going to let their equipment go to waste. So you outfit your own guys in the perfectly good armor. 

That's also assuming they mass genocided all the Storm Troopers after the Empire lost.  Wouldn't they just flip a switch and take control of them?

But not all Storm Troopers were clones. You needed the clones to create the Empire but once you had it you could use real people. It's safe to say in the 17? years between Episode 3 and 4 normal citizens of age wanted to help their Republic/Empire take on those trying to destroy what they grew up with.

So you guys liked the trailer.

Because I don't. I didn't even know what I was watching. And by that I mean it just looked like some fan-made trailer filled with a lot of bullshit some Jedi cosplayer thought would be cool, like fucking soccer droids and light saber cross guards, but just would up looking like they were trying way too fucking hard.

Even the setting we're seeing. Is that Tattooine? Jesus Christ, enough with Tattooine.

It's a fucking teaser trailer...

Lucas has always said that Tatooine is the cornerstone of the SW Universe and Disney has stated that they will hold faithful to that even if Lucas has no developmental input.

Disney sure as shit doesn't give 2 craps about anything that'll get in the way of them making money.

That's why they plan on releasing a Star Wars movie every year.  They can do whatever the fuck they want with all the stand alone movies.  Ewok merch not seeling so great, Boba Fett merch flying off the shelves?  No problem, team them up in a story about a grizzled old bounty hunter who just escaped Sarlacs pit and is feeling a bit misguided and lost......that is until he stumbles upon Endor where he is lovingly accepted by his Ewok pals.  When a bunch of rough tag olf pals show up, Boba is forced to make a choice between the life he once had or staying with his new adopted clan.  I like to call this pitch Star Wars: The New Ewok Adventure- All Fett Up!!!!

All of the armor is being used on the secondary market by third galaxy warlords somewhere.

EDIT: while ultimately sort of a tasteless comment, on a reread it came out as more racially charged as I meant it to be. Even though it didn't seem to bother anyone, it still bugs me a bit in retrospect, so Sorry. 

In fact, on the io9 shot-by-shot dissection of the trailer, someone pointed out that Daisy Ridley's goggles are salvaged from a Stormtrooper helmet.

Also, Andy Serkis has been confirmed as the voice of the animator.

The link is a great read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...