DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Empire readers just last month voted Empire Strikes Back the best movie of all time. But most of them are at the exact right age for it to have made an impression when they were at their most impressionable.

It's funny watching Star Wars (It wasn't called A New Hope then, so it's not called A New Hope now) now, because at the time it was both applauded and criticised for being (the movie equivalent of) a high speed spotfest, with no time for selling or storytelling, just racing to the next big move. Whereas now, with everything that's come since then, it actually seems quite slow and quiet.

Also, swinging on a rope over a large drop used to be considered REALLY EXCITING~!

• 1 month later...

I didn't hear mecha-Palpatine, I heard that the villain was a Sith Inquisitor like the ones that are going to be introduced on the new animated series.  Screw you guys, this shit is going to be great, my hopes are as high as ever, and there is no possible way that I'll ever be disappointed...I'm going to need to be held by a woman with a large bosom aren't I?

• Like 1

That Mecha Palpatine rumor has to be bullshit. I also saw another rumor that it was just Palpatine that would be in it. I could see ghost Palpatine appearing to some Sith apprentice, but I wasn't sure if Sith could do that. Shit, Anakin/Vader did, but that was post-face turn.

Using the rpg rules (so take that with what ever grains of salt you want) Force Ghost is open to both sides

Well that and there was no real opportunity in either trilogy for a sith ghost, as palpatine is the Alpha Sith, at least since the great hyper space war.

I didn't hear mecha-Palpatine, I heard that the villain was a Sith Inquisitor like the ones that are going to be introduced on the new animated series. 

That was the original rumor. Another report came after that saying that Palpatine was the villain, but that Ian McDiarmid wasn't being brought back to play the part. This led to the speculation that the cloaked cyborg-looking figure from the leaked production art was rebuilt Mecha Palpatine.

I didn't hear mecha-Palpatine, I heard that the villain was a Sith Inquisitor like the ones that are going to be introduced on the new animated series. 

That was the original rumor. Another report came after that saying that Palpatine was the villain, but that Ian McDiarmid wasn't being brought back to play the part. This led to the speculation that the cloaked cyborg-looking figure from the leaked production art was rebuilt Mecha Palpatine.

Link to said leaked production art?

Phantom Menace deserves all the hate it gets.

count me among those that hated the podrace.

Ep. 2 i thought was OK at the time, but upon a marathon of all the movies a year or two ago found that i enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ep. 3 is fantastic. i really liked it in theaters and i'd put it up against New Hope or Return of the Jedi anytime.

Phantom Menace deserves all the hate it gets.

count me among those that hated the podrace.

Ep. 2 i thought was OK at the time, but upon a marathon of all the movies a year or two ago found that i enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ep. 3 is fantastic. i really liked it in theaters and i'd put it up against New Hope or Return of the Jedi anytime.

The only real flaw in ep.3 is that christensen either lacked the talent for the heel turn, or lucas couldn't get it out of him. . . 

I honestly hate Clones way more than Episode 1.

Episode 3 works more than it doesn't, and I would certainly listen to an argument that it's better than Jedi.  Better than Hope?  Nah.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...