DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

So in Star Wars when they're in the war room and Mon Mothma is talking to everybody and says "A lot of good men died to get us these plans" about the Death Star plans they have, ROGUE ONE is going to be about that team and that mission? Yeah, I'm totally on board with that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So in Star Wars when they're in the war room and Mon Mothma is talking to everybody and says "A lot of good men died to get us these plans" about the Death Star plans they have, ROGUE ONE is going to be about that team and that mission? Yeah, I'm totally on board with that.

No they aren't.  That scene was from Return of the Jedi referring to the second Death Star.  These are the rebel spies who stole the plans from the first movie and gave them to Princess Leia or some such.

Also, Josh Trank has been ceremoniously and quietly fired from the other standalone anthology movie.  Max Landis, writer of Trank's first movie Chronicle, weighed in:

rmRDKkV.png

Felicity Jones is playing the lead in the Rogue One movie, any possibility that the character that shes playing is a young Mon Mothma?

Also good possibility that the second Anthology movie will be about Boba Fett. Since Trank is out, I think they should go with a proven commodity with someone like Joe Johnston.  Instead of rolling the dice on another young director with only 1 or 2 movies under his belt.

• Like 1

Before everyone loses their breath, that looks to be an unconfirmed and unverified story on Joss Whedon.  It came from like a podcast rumor.  Also this:

Editor's note: It has come to our attention that multiple sites have picked up this story and quoted Moviepilot as the source. However, this is an independent, unverified creator post and does not reflect the views or writing of the Moviepilot staff.

Do you guys really think Whedon is staying with Disney after Age of Ultron?

Yeah.

And, honestly, even though I know he's said he'd love to, I'm not positive Whedon would actually take the job right now, after all the issues he just had doing a massive interconnected film for a Disney owned studio.

I'm hoping, honestly, for Dr. Horrible 2 and maybe that series he was writing with Warren Ellis. Or, hell, if he's got the time now, another comic book run.

I can see Whedon doing a DC movie sooner or later if Warner Bros. is open to it.

A lot of people don't like Whedon, so the internet reaction to him doing a Star Wars movie would be highly entertaining, but yeah.  It's not going to happen.

Was Boba Fett older than Han Solo? I guess he was as he was a child in Sith, where Obi Wan was a 35 year old man, then an old man when Han was late 20s. So about the same? Also he looks nothing like the clones, but could keep helmet on I guess.