DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2024 - Takeshita The Long Way Home

So you think you're a Romeo?  Playing a part in a picture show? 

...what should you care if you're feelin' good? 

Spoiler

(BTW, this is one of those songs that will punch you in the face hard when you suddenly hear it again after you're 40.)

• Haha 1

Forgive me if I’m not totally sorry that nepo baby had Daddy’s clout leech friend latch on. Not to mention that Hook could learn a thing or 50.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Jericho criticism is bullshit. Everyone he’s feuded with has benefited from it. The only exception is Eddie Kingston, and he recovered eventually. The real Jericho kiss of death is being in a stable with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great memories of announcing the Moosin: God of Martial Arts PPV in this building in 2010. We were supposed to do Moosin 2 in Chicago, but our money man got thrown in jail and the company fell apart.

If anyone's wondering where I'm at instead of on the Discord tonight (or tomorrow, until DEAN~! which I will thankfully be home for), that would be at work. Nights going forward so this is gonna be a big issue considering my procrastination. I haven't watched Rampage or Collision from last week yet. 😬

• Like 2

I genuinely don't understand the point of the Jericho/Hook stuff because nowhere it's going is good

Jericho's like, "I wrestled your dad, I see potential, you should team with me"

Hook: "aight bet"

Jericho's like, "You have to wrestle me so I can feel your power!"

Hook:  "aight bet"

Jericho:  "You kicked my ass! I think you need me to mentor you!"

Hook:  "aight bet"

Now Jericho is calling him out?  Why?  Is he going to tell him to get a haircut and stop eating chips?

RAMPAGE

Butcher/Dustin was really damn good! Dustin was gassing there at the end, you could see right when the fuel tank light came on, but Butcher worked a limb, stayed with it, busted out a sick judo throw into a Crossface, this was more than I've seen from him maybe ever. Felt like they took it home a little early but Butch was happy to land on his head for the old hand. But no, we gotta get him off the show, right...? *blows raspberry*

Boy is Rose pale. Albino pale. Her and Nikita are fearlessly squished. 

Hey, the lethal roll of silver wrapping paper is actually an iron bar this time. Something looks different about Ruby? (Side note: THREE TIMES!!! THREEEEEEE TIMES IN AN HOUR!!! If I hear that goddamn "dance with everybody that came through the door" March Madness song again I will snap. Take that dancing shit back to TikTok and leave me alone; finish with the fucking basketball already. It's called March Madness, not April Pushing Me To Madness.)

FOUR TIMES. And Undisputed Attitude (whoops sorry that's a Slayer album) is wrestling. Moving along to Collision now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So you think you're a Romeo?  Playing a part in a picture show? 

...what should you care if you're feelin' good? 

Reveal hidden contents

(BTW, this is one of those songs that will punch you in the face hard when you suddenly hear it again after you're 40.)

Take(eshita) it on the Run was also right there.

Heard it from a friend who

Heard it from a friend who

Heard you like suplexing motherfuckers and you ain't messin' around

Also Take(shita) On Me

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

Takeshita Me Home by Phil Collins and Takeshita Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money

aaaaaaand

I Wonder If I Takeshita You Home by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam

As well.  Just too many songs start with "Take," really.

• Haha 1

This one had been rattling in my head for a week, so y'all get Supertramp. 

Which I would figure most of you wouldn't like.  ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Danielson vs Archer added to Dynamite. That sounds like my kind of deal.

If they need to drum up ticket sales for tonight he can Takeshita to the Streets.

• Haha 2

COLLISION

"Capricious vagrant" is quite the quote from Nigel. This is Matt Cardona though and I am not interested, despite any history. Happy for the man though. It amuses me that Danielson and Edge both have a twist on the same gimmick; one is retiring and getting to pick his opponents while the other is taking all comers instead of retiring. In both cases we get dream matches, but only with one guy it is actually dream matches? Because Edge matches can be WAR weirdness combos like the Jericho ones where he was facing Nick Gage and stuff but I think Edge vs. Zack Ryder, for example, was only a dream match for Zack Ryder. In his Ringer interview with Phil, Heyman rightfully pointed out that AEW is still stealing his lights-out gimmick, and it tickles me that he brought that up considering I say "SABU!" out loud every time. Six-man should be fun.

Subs read "center me daddy" haha. And that's it for me and the Acclaimed.

I have no sense of the Infantry at all no matter how long Shawn Dean has been here. They are just ROH guys right? I don't even recall seeing them there. Some good narrow kickouts from Dax. The shockface from the other Infantry dude is really stupid, like he smelled a horrible fart. They do a 20-step multiple-pin finish because that's FTR. Meh. 

KOR is already taped up? Jeez, dude. Drake has a mean chop that connects and stops before the follow-through. I get the feeling he needs gear like Vader. He'd look less like an old and even more obese Dick Murdoch and more like... well, Vader. KOR does his thing, match over. That could have been better. 

The Hobbs/Ospreay dueling brutality video is pretty gnarly. 

The man I formerly ribbed as "Giant Edge" has bright blue sneakers and I wonder what Scott Hall would have/did think about him as a fellow big man. Sadly this was cursed. Good for Top Flight I guess? Poor fucking Ricky (and Bill), thankfully it was just precautionary. 

Now, this is where I showed up from work on Saturday. Lady Frost is great and had a fine match with Rosa, who can be hit-or-miss to me. At least her finisher didn't look potentially crippling this time. Folks, if you can't do a strength spot with someone (or in her case anyone): just don't do it. It's not worth you hurting someone or yourself, just to "look cool". The closer is just fine, but I've no time for Chris Barnes' Army even when in against the best guys in the fed. Sorry Lance. 

• Like 2

Re: Rosa’s finish…it has the same setup as the package piledriver, so why not just do that?  In kayfabe, why set up for a kill move like that, only to do something lame instead?  Same goes for the Neutralizer and Styles Clash.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Re: Rosa’s finish…it has the same setup as the package piledriver, so why not just do that?  In kayfabe, why set up for a kill move like that, only to do something lame instead?  Same goes for the Neutralizer and Styles Clash.

Unspoken ban on the piledriver via the state athletic commission.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Unspoken ban on the piledriver via the state athletic commission.

Martinetes are also illegal in the graveyards in Tijuana.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Danielson vs Archer added to Dynamite. That sounds like my kind of deal.

Looking forward to this. Danielson does great working with bigger men.

• Like 2

Things I remember from most of this week's edition of AEW Dynamite:

I tuned in during the Danielson match because the Royals were rain delayed by 5 hours and lost during the first hour

Jericho is trying to sponge off of Hook

Billy Gunn/Jay White was fun

Willow with a fun promo that almost feels like Mone stepped on Willow's promo

Trent loses in front of his mom and then turns heel in front of his mom. Nice counter to the double knees.

Excellent headbutt sell by Thunder Rosa

Hey Swerve, never fight a Samoan

Is that contract legally valid?

Joe just runs down and casually kicks Swerve in the balls before the table spot

I might remember to watch the show on Saturday night after Wrestlemania

• Like 1

Given I was off today, my fiancee had a chance to watch Dynamite with me.  She's a huge warhammer fan, and she definitely had some observations.

Her favorite was Thunder Rosa.  She liked Willow and Stat a lot too.

Sje was really impressed by Hobbs the first two minutes she saw her.

She called Jay White the Konrad Curze of wrestling, which actually really works.

She compared Joe to Sanguinius, which surprised me a bit.

She thought Jericho was shit, so her eye is pretty good. 

• Like 6

The less said about that Copeland promo the better.  I get it.  A disgruntled ex-employee went on a show with a WWE homer and said some crazy things.  But why give it any on-air attention? Fuck that guy...  the only people who matter are the people in the locker room. 

• Like 1