DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

Oh yeah, totally with the Skynyrd tune. Great song! I was emotionally struck at the Supercard until Riccaboni began yammering on and on over top of it. Still, when it hit it was glorious! I'm with the Homicide entrance too, but not at all with most of the ROH themes. A shit ton of buttrock and mall punk. Nowhere near the level of the fairly well curated ECW catalog of themes.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coletti said:

How is TAKA these days? Used to be one of my faves back in those days...

In a similar vein, Masato Tanaka is still going strong and has visited the US a few times lately, would LOVE to see him pop up for a few AEW marches...

TAKA is ok these days. His athleticism is pretty much gone but he can do a good match with mat work and simple straightforward wrestling. Him and Danielson could probably have a good match together. Also him and Rocky Romero could probably sleepwalk through a perfectly fine match together 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coletti said:

How is TAKA these days? Used to be one of my faves back in those days...

In a similar vein, Masato Tanaka is still going strong and has visited the US a few times lately, would LOVE to see him pop up for a few AEW marches...

I haven't seen him wrestle since K-Dojo was still a thing, and while a lot of the athleticism was gone he could still go. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I saw Tanaka on the October 2023 West Coast Pro show vs Vinnie Massaro.  After the first unprotected chairshot to the head, I skipped to the next match.  If that's all you can do anymore (this goes for both guys), fuck off down the road.

I loved The State.  Nobody understands the reference when I tell them that penguins ain't natural because they're not in The Bible.  Also when I long for $240 worth of pudding.

The Ben Stiller Show was also great, speaking of early 90s sketch comedy.

Just saw these the other day:

https://bsky.app/profile/jesszimmerman.com/post/3kpdnd5jbfv2z

• Like 1

I would just like to point out that there were at least 4 former DVDVR posters in that footage, and another just out of frame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’m done with AEW for a bit. Hit me up with uploads of a good Danielson match and I’ll watch match by match basis. Not keeping up to date on stuff for the time being. 

• Like 3

Yeah, AEW should have just ignored CM Punk's interview. We know Punk is a malcontent who is never happy. Sooner or later, something will piss him off and he'll walk out on WWE again. 

That said, I like the Bucks using the incident as an excuse for losing to FTR at All In. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I would just like to point out that there were at least 4 former DVDVR posters in that footage, and another just out of frame.

I only know one and the one out of frame.

7 hours ago, AxB said:

It is Megabyte. One of my Discord friends, his favourite AEW match of all time is Megabyte Ronnie vs Brian Cage. He reposts it almost every week.

This one.

Call that finish “the reverse muraco “

Nothing says "AEW, where we wrestle and let our wrestling do the talking" then blowing 20 minutes of precious TV time completly dropping an Artic Cyclone on your crowd airing out your Little Bro energy on someone who doesn't work there anymore and running out the same 20 year old joke in response to something that may not have even been directed at you.  

It's so fucking frustrating to watch another company that has ridiculous amount of talent and shows ability to do something with it just fall into the "we have to keep taking shots".  You're not Heyman, he's literally the one person that ever pulled it off with any success, and guess what he ended up doing?

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Mistake to sit the All In London 2023 footage. Just felt desperate. Concentrate on your own product.

If they don’t get any type of ratings increase,that will make it even worse but if bringing in Mercedes, Okada and Ospreay doesn’t increase ratings than i doubt Punk choking out someone who isn’t even prominently featured isn’t going to do it. Are they bringing Jack back and attempting to do something with him? They’ll have to now

• Like 1