DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNASTY - 4/21/2024

I'll have a guess at who wins the PPV matches in bold and how long the match goes for:

Joe vs Strickland: 20 minutes.

Danielson vs. Ospreay: 45 minutes.

Okada vs. PAC: 26 minutes.

FTR vs. Young Bucks: 23 minutes.

Storm vs. Rosa: 15 minutes.

Strong vs. O'Reilly: 13 minutes.

Hart vs. Nightingale: 14 minutes.

Hook vs. Jericho: 15 minutes.

Copeland/Briscoe/Kingston vs. House of Black: 18 minutes.

On 4/16/2024 at 10:24 AM, StuntmanCrowley said:

Now I wonder on the possibility of Bobby Fish coming back and helping O'Reilly.  I could see reDragon taking the ROH tag belts from Kingdom, because I definitely don't see Strong losing right now.

Insert the “don’t you put that on me, Ricky Bobby!” gif here…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Given all the attention to Nyla, maybe they could have bumped the Trent-Sydal match that literally no one but Sue and Sydal’s brother care about and given Nyla a Zero Hour match,

I know we’re all rightfully ready for the Acclaimed trios run to end, but can’t help but feel they’ve been cooled down because of Caster’s antics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

They've announced Nyla as host for Zero Hour.

I'm looking forward to this completely inapropos of the bullshit going on in OK. She's another Chuck Taylor type in that she rarely gets to be as personality driven on TV as she is on socials and interviews and so forth, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she brings here (and who knows, it may end up being a net positive and adding another dimension to her character if she's able to parlay this spot into branching out a bit more from just the traditional Nyla 'breaking-of-bitches' - which I must stress, I am also a fan of!)

48 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Given all the attention to Nyla, maybe they could have bumped the Trent-Sydal match that literally no one but Sue and Sydal’s brother care about and given Nyla a Zero Hour match,

Man me, Sue, and Mike are gonna annoy the shit out of the other B-Dub's patrons 😉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I know we’re all rightfully ready for the Acclaimed trios run to end, but can’t help but feel they’ve been cooled down because of Caster’s antics.

I totally disagree. Tho, I couldn't care less about Caster's online presence. I think if you look over the oeuvre you'll agree that Assy, Bowens and Caster are very well deserving of their status as 3 cold fish. I'm still amazed at what a rotten lecture they laid on us here in Toronto. No Anthony, not everyone loves the Acclaimed. Hoping that catchphrase catches a proper jeering starting at the PPV. 

Also, count me in with Mother Sue and Mikey Sydal. I'm loving every moment of this Trent/OC build. I thought the hooded Trent attack on Wednesday was totally on point. I've long loved Trent and am so pleased to see him find at least a momentary purpose. I suspect the OC/Trent series will turn some heads. I also suspect many whom are upset by the Trent turn come around to the fact that they're actually buying the emotion more than they're giving themselves credit for. It's difficult dealing with the loss of such a beautiful friendship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

also suspect many whom are upset by the Trent turn come around to the fact that they're actually buying the emotion more than they're giving themselves credit for. It's difficult dealing with the loss of such a beautiful friendship.

You make an excellent point, and I think I really gotta count myself among that group

• Like 1

I think if Jay hadn't been such a weak shitheel vs Billy, there was a real shot of the fans turning on the acclaimed and making the Bang Bang Gang the faces.

That might still happen.  

The Bang Bang Gang has some real Worldwide Underground energy to them, they just need Juice back, and I think I'd like to see a woman in the group.  Nyla would be perfect.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm looking forward to this completely inapropos of the bullshit going on in OK. She's another Chuck Taylor type in that she rarely gets to be as personality driven on TV as she is on socials and interviews and so forth, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she brings here (and who knows, it may end up being a net positive and adding another dimension to her character if she's able to parlay this spot into branching out a bit more from just the traditional Nyla 'breaking-of-bitches' - which I must stress, I am also a fan of!)

Man me, Sue, and Mike are gonna annoy the shit out of the other B-Dub's patrons 😉

I've long felt that Nyla as a heel has run its course, and they need to re-debut her as a face

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I've long felt that Nyla as a heel has run its course, and they need to re-debut her as a face

I'll agree with that - I think another part of it is also that there are somehow four women's singles titles between AEW/ROH but no tag belts, so even though her team w Marina was a lot of fun and gained some nice momentum there for a while, there was really nowhere to go with them unless they were gonna send em on excursion to TNA like I and a bunch of others here have floated

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'll agree with that - I think another part of it is also that there are somehow four women's singles titles between AEW/ROH but no tag belts, so even though her team w Marina was a lot of fun and gained some nice momentum there for a while, there was really nowhere to go with them unless they were gonna send em on excursion to TNA like I and a bunch of others here have floated

I like the idea of sending her and Marina to TNA for a bit so her returning would feel fresh

• Like 1

Just now, Raziel said:

Good on everyone recovering this show from the mess that is Chris Jericho.

"Go home, Jericho."

"Please retire."

Bad night for Chris Jericho.

This was a top 5 AEW PPV for me....  There will be talk about how Bryan/Ospreay ended and whether it's good/bad but the match was one of the best matches I've seen at least this decade... and I'll leave it at that for now but it was so fucking great.  My god... lots to discuss just off that match alone.  

Love Swerve and Willow getting their moments!!  

Okada vs. Pac was awesome too.   

Jericho....   I don't know what to say.  He's rivaling X-Pac.

• Like 2

Incredible show. So good that nobody is even gonna talk about Roddy/Kyle, which would’ve been easy MOTN on just about any other night of the year, but was like a distant third tonight.

Even the Jericho match everyone is hating on was, against all odds, completely fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1