DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNASTY - 4/21/2024

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Dynasty_%28...

Who will win?  Who will lose?  Who will marry Blake Carrington?    Find out Monday Nights on ABC!  

THE CARD~

FOR THE AEW CHAMPIONSHIP - Samoa Joe (c) vs. Swerve Strickland

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Timeless Toni Storm (c) vs. Thunder Rosa

FOR THE CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. PAC

FOR THE TBS CHAMPIONSHIP - Julia Hart (c) vs. Willow Nightengale

FOR THE INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roderick Strong (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly

FTW RULES FOR THE FTW CHAMPIONSHIP - Hook (c) defeats Chris Jericho

FOR THE VACANT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Young Bucks  vs. FTR (Wheeler / Harwood)

WINNER TAKE ALL FOR THE AEW AND ROH TRIOS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Acclaimed (Bowens / Caster / Gunn, (c–AEW)) vs. Bullet Club Gold (White / A. Gunn / C. Gunn) (c–ROH)

Will Ospreay vs. Bryan Danielson

† Trent Beretta vs. Matt Sydal

† Orange Cassidy & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Shane Taylor Promotions (Taylor / Moriarty) 

Adam Copeland / Eddie Kingston / Mark Briscoe vs. The House of Black (Black / King / Matthews)

--

† - Zero Hour Pre-Show Match

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Dynasty_%28...

Who will win?  Who will lose?  Who will marry Blake Carrington?    Find out Monday Nights on ABC!  

THE CARD~

FOR THE AEW CHAMPIONSHIP - Samoa Joe (c) vs. Swerve Strickland

FOR THE TBS CHAMPIONSHIP - Julia Hart (c) vs. Willow Nightengale

FOR THE VACANT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Young Bucks OR Best Friends vs. West Division Winners

Where art thou Bryan Danielson vs. Will Ospreay?

Edited by The Natural

I found it a little funny that they announced that “Tony Khan has made it official: Julia Hart will defend her title against Willow Nightengale at Dynasty” when that was the announced stipulation for the match AND Willow won clean.

6 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I found it a little funny that they announced that “Tony Khan has made it official: Julia Hart will defend her title against Willow Nightengale at Dynasty” when that was the announced stipulation for the match AND Willow won clean.

A few weeks back there were some matches that were made official so quickly you could only assume Tony had nothing more important to do than sit with his phone ready waiting for a babyface to propose a match so he could immediately call in and make it official.

My point is, he clearly lives to make matches official. Don't take that from him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Since our fearless leader neglected to make a musical pun I'll do the honors

Reveal hidden contents

Like I'd quote anything other than the best song they ever did:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, tbarrie said:

A few weeks back there were some matches that were made official so quickly you could only assume Tony had nothing more important to do than sit with his phone ready waiting for a babyface to propose a match so he could immediately call in and make it official.

My point is, he clearly lives to make matches official. Don't take that from him.

Think of the poor graphic designers who have mere seconds to get a match graphic together

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

FOR THE VACANT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Young Bucks OR Best Friends vs. West Division Winners

is my compass failing?  aren't YB/BF in the West Division, and face the winners of the East Division?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Think of the poor graphic designers who have mere seconds to get a match graphic together

They have a bunch ready to go like news agencies with celebrity obits. They spend there week just making all possible match ups for upcoming events 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Cleavy said:

is my compass failing?  aren't YB/BF in the West Division, and face the winners of the East Division?

I'm gonna rename it the Campbell and Wales Conferences cause I'm sure even they don't know who's in what conference.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Looking a hell of a show with Samoa Joe vs. Swerve Strickland, Bryan Danielson vs. Will Ospreay, Julia Hart vs. Willow Nightingale and potentially FTR vs. Young Bucks IV and Kazuchika Okada vs. PAC.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBLW-Uq4ol0

I'm already pained knowing Bryan Danielson is losing to Will Ospreay. Danielson jobs too much and is so selfless. I don't see what the majority do in Will Ospreay. I just don't get it.

I’d be more pained that he jobbed to Eddie Kingston than losing to the guy that’s going to win the AEW title in August at Wembley. I get Ospreay isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but man was that Kingston match at or near the worst from Revolution.

5 hours ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

I’d be more pained that he jobbed to Eddie Kingston than losing to the guy that’s going to win the AEW title in August at Wembley. I get Ospreay isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but man was that Kingston match at or near the worst from Revolution.

Hard disagree. Respectfully of course. I absolutely adored that match. My match of that show. In fact, it’s the style of wrestling that I’d say I enjoy most in AEW. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2024 at 12:35 PM, The Natural said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBLW-Uq4ol0

I'm already pained knowing Bryan Danielson is losing to Will Ospreay. Danielson jobs too much and is so selfless. I don't see what the majority do in Will Ospreay. I just don't get it.

I was actually considering the idea that Danielson goes over here with a rematch later at Wembley, but I'll say, @Just Adam Bay Bay's idea of putting the title on Ospreay there kind of intrigues me more now (much to your chagrin 🙂 ).

Its a not-so-fun conversation (maybe better suited for another thread) but if live gates are going to continue to drop stateside, it might behoove TK & Co to take a page out of the mid '90s Vince playbook and start doing more frequent European tours (the upcoming Canada run may have even been plotted with something similar in mind, who knows). Having a Brit on top with the title certainly wouldn't hurt attendance should they go that route.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Wembley will have Danielson vs McGuiness and we will all cry from happiness.

I thought we were going to get it at the first one and kept waiting for that moment on Collision where Nigel's just finally had enough and finally stands up from the desk. It's gonna be awesome when that goes down.

Side tangent: It's like the one thing they could do that would completely redeem moving the booth to ringside IMO, as I'm a bigger fan of the old setup (I grew up a WCW guy and think it's a nice piece of visual variety to have a third "location" in addition to the ring/ringside, and the back).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I thought we were going to get it at the first one and kept waiting for that moment on Collision where Nigel's just finally had enough and finally stands up from the desk. It's gonna be awesome when that goes down.

Side tangent: It's like the one thing they could do that would completely redeem moving the booth to ringside IMO, as I'm a bigger fan of the old setup (I grew up a WCW guy and think it's a nice piece of visual variety to have a third "location" in addition to the ring/ringside, and the back).

McGuiness hinted that he was ready last year but his potential opponent wasn’t. I think Danielson came back early from injury to do All Out against Starks when Punk was out. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Octopus said:

Wembley will have Danielson vs McGuiness and we will all cry from happiness.

9 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

8 hours ago, Octopus said:

McGuiness hinted that he was ready last year but his potential opponent wasn’t. I think Danielson came back early from injury to do All Out against Starks when Punk was out. 

All In London 2023 was either going to be Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness or Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega II. Remember reading a report about Danielson/Omega II. I think it'll be Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness or Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr this time round. The former will be more emotional while the latter will be the better match.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1