DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 1/24 - 1/30/2024 - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, Scissor Gang

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Looking forward to Minoru Suzuki, Murder Grandpa vs. Adam Copeland.

Adam Copeland vs. Minoru Suzuki to air commercial free as announced by Tony Khan on Twitter.

• Like 1

Man, I skip Collision for one weekend due to a convention and they announce Copeland/Suzuki.  Maybe next time I'm out on Saturday they'll announce Copeland vs Nick Gage.

Wait, I'll be out Saturday for the Rumble.  So here's me unrealistically hoping this happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Man, I like AEW a lot but please please give us more than just JTTS, foregone conclusion matches.

Hey, if rankings are going to start mattering again this is what happens.

• Like 1

Things I remember from this week's edition of AEW Dynamite:

Hook just casually suplexing security guys

Hangman vs Penta seemed to be pretty solid

The Bucks walk through a hallway

Orange notes that Wardlow is large

Wardlow eventually beats Berretta and a heel turn is teased again

Toni and Deonna have matching tattoos, the camera work was solid

Swerve beat Jeff Hardy without us feeling too sad that Jeff Hardy is old and slow

Swerve and Hangman pick each others matches next week

Darby praises Sting, and we have a tag team title match in 2 weeks. The Bucks were WATCHING~! backstage

I don't remember anything about the Thunder Rosa match

The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass won one pretty close to the top of the hour

I forgot that we were getting Edge/Suzuki until it happened

Welcome to Strong Style Adam Copeland for some reason

That Killswitch looked as smooth as you'd expect it to look when applied by a guy who doesn't use the move on a 90 year old Japanese man

That lack of a handshake is gonna stick in Edge's craw until Suzuki comes back to AEW for a one-off in 5 months.

The return of the W-L records and rankings, the associated commentary and even it showing up on the lower third made the show feel like season one AEW and made me smile. You were missed.

Meanwhile, uh…

The Butcher vs Kommander vs. Kip Sabian vs. Vikingo?

Bryan Danielson vs. Yuji Nagata, in Bossier City, Louisiana?!

Holy shit! Who sent Coach the WAR tapes!? The man is out of control and I love it.

• Like 2

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

gotta get the house up for Bossier City going head to head with the Rumble

With it being effectively Shreveport I’d have expected renowned DVDVR poster Tony Khan to make it a love letter to Mid South, like he did when they were in Memphis, as a counter programming tactic.

Then I remembered how many are dead, blackballed, or actively hate his product. I guess there’s Hacksaw and Jake. And JR if his contract isn’t up yet.

Maybe Wardlow puts on a gorilla suit or something. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So has anybody commented on the fact that, since her return, Thunder Rosa has been painting her entire face? It used to be just half. Is she, like, fully undead now?

No, she just fully sucks now.

Bring back Ivelisse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Copeland vs Suzuki was a dream match I didn't know I wanted.

Not quite big meaty men slapping meat, but they were throwing BOMBS at each other.

I wish this match had happened 2 decades before, so the whole DVDVR crew could freeze it in a time machine, and bring it out when any aspiring wrestler says "How do I make my strikes look like they'll take someone's head off?

Now, a lot of this is because a lot of these slaps and strikes weren't really pulled at all, but goddamn, in the year of our Lord 2024, they did a 12 minute spring based entirely off strikes with some ground maneuvers, and it ruled the motherfucking world.

I would love to see Copeland and Suzuki form the Midnight Murder Uncles in NJPW and just punch the shit out of everyone and everything in NJPW as a couple surly old ass kickers. And I NEVER thought I'd be saying that about Edge/Copeland.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Forget Edge going after Christian again - let’s just have weird novelty Edge matches for the rest of his run. He can work Vikingo one week, then Danhausen, then they can bring back Marko Stunt for a week. Get ridiculous with it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Danielson/Nagata on Collision makes me want TK to just send him to Japan for three months and let him do anything he wants. Oh, you wanna ‘rassle Kazusada Haguchi? Kaito Kiyomiya? SANADA? Yoshihiko in a street infront of a ramen restaurant? YOU GOT IT.

• Like 3

Copeland/Suzuki was awesome. Solid matches all around.  Collision looks stacked with fun stuff, looking forward to Serena's return plus Danielson/Nagata and the trios cage match. 

• Like 2

I feel at odds with a bunch of you here, the strikes in Copeland/Suzuki were (very) solid but watching Suzuki try to take any move or bump was bordering on sad. I'm still glad we got the match but please, don't make murder grandpa have to fall down in any not-standard way any more.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yoshihiko in a street infront of a ramen restaurant? YOU GOT IT.

You can NOT put this into the world when we all know it'll never happen and we'll be disappointed for the rest of our lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I’m legit worried about that cage match on Saturday. Like worried as in “someone gonna die” worry. AEW cage matches are so scary because their cage is stupidly fucking tall and I feel like all 6 dudes are going to go all out to not lose viewers to the RR, which they will anyway.

I never worried much about cage matches or ladder matches in WWE. In AEW though, I feel like I should go to the grotto at Notre Dame and light a candle for everyone involved.

• Haha 2