DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Okay, signed up for IWTV. I presume that means I just have to tune in on Thursday. Also, what the hell should I watch on there in the meantime? I thought about hitting up some old IWA-MS stuff first and after that... I dunno, maybe Lucha Memes? It's... a lot.

Some DEAN~! related links

https://iwtv.live/promotion/TWE-Chattanooga#dJLZD0zvZm

Jaden Newman vs. Mad Dog Connelly dog collar match

https://iwtv.live/promotion/zona-23#5D45AgW4Pj

Demus vs. Luantik Extreme

https://iwtv.live/promotion/IWRG#Og3vazN45V

Dr. Cerebro/Black Terry vs. Gringo Loco/El Hijo Del Diablo

https://iwtv.live/promotion/action-wrestling#Gb40A6WLgm

Action show with Billie Starkz vs. Daniel Makabe and Krule vs. Alex Kane vs. Adam Priest

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

Demus vs. Luantik Extreme

This was fun. I wonder why Demus has his left arm almost entirely blacked out with ink. You can see the scars that are his normal skin color through it, so I wonder whether they got colored around or if after they scar they bust through and stay that way? Maybe that's why the ink in the first place? Odd. Anyway, this is a Zona match so they are battling in the junkyard, hoping their tetanus shots are up to date. Lunatik does a frog splash off the hood of a semi onto Demus on the car and someone is sitting in the driver's seat? Is he doing that for the bird's-eye view or is he the owner and afraid of someone stealing the truck? 😄 Some nasty bumps in this, especially when Lunatik's head won't go through the car window. I wanted to see what Demus was gonna do with the three tires stacked up in a pyramid but no dice. A powerbomb with Lunatik bouncing into the air would be charming.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Okay, signed up for IWTV. I presume that means I just have to tune in on Thursday. Also, what the hell should I watch on there in the meantime? I thought about hitting up some old IWA-MS stuff first and after that... I dunno, maybe Lucha Memes? It's... a lot.

The Anthony Henry - Adam Priest matches are definite favorites of people

4 diff matches on ACTION shows

Adam Priest v Makabe from April 2023 as talked about here  - https://bigegg.substack.com/p/adam-priest-and-daniel-makabe-prove

• Like 4

As we enter the week I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been so generous.  I hope we can do a good job with the show on Thursday and honor such a great person in Dean Rasmussen who was one of the earliest "tastemakers" in wrestling

If you donated and would like to be thanked, please feel free to send a message to me on here (many who sent said they didnt want/need to be mentioned and that is fine of course) as well

Appreciate everyone!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi, folks.  Some of you may know I setup a Discord a few years ago that's board adjacent in a sense.  With the show coming up it only made sense to create a chat for the show which is located here.  https://discord.gg/jYk9PRsS4v  I asked @Jaceyfor permission to mention it here which he kindly gave.

Basically it's a chat room and I'm sure a lot of you know what Discord's about (if not it's a fancy IRC)  What I'm hoping to do is archive this for posterity so while those watching at home can certainly join if you're at the show it could be something worth posting to as well.  I'm sure I'll be putting a few pics up myself.  If interested in some way please check it out.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

ICW: No Holds Barred Volume 9 is loads of fun, if you like the blood and pain.

• Like 1

A reminder if you can't be there live, the show will stream on IWTV.live. 

You can sign up on the site and if you do please use promo code "ACTION" when you do, it helps us out

• Like 4

IWTV is merged with Smart Mark Video (which is why their archive is so big) and they have done physical media releases of H2O shows in the very recent part, so there's definitely a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tried to make the sojourn happen but real life got in the way, so I'm bummed to say I have to join you all on IWTV. Hope you all have a fantastic time, and even if I can't be in the house, I'm still looking forward to putting faces to some of the names in the crowd. Cheers again to those who put this card together - incredibly special.

• Like 3

So, I AM actually gonna be handing out wrestling crosswords at this show to anybody who wants a very unusual souvenir of the show. The crossword is sort of a collaboration - Phil was nice enough to write a chunk of the clues for it, so that's the tie-in to this board.

If you want one, look for the guy in the black baseball cap and gray COVID mask.

• Like 5

Getting ready to board my flight in St. Louis to Philly and someone just sat down wearing a Big Japan Pro Wrestling shirt. I’d put it at 40% you are a poster here going to DEANbecause the odds of someone wearing a shirt for one of Deans favorite companies is so minor. If so, hi, the guy in the CITY jersey will see you at the show 

• Like 5

Does IWTV allow you to start a show in progress from the beginning?  

I’m looking forward to the show tonight.  I don’t post on the boards much outside of the comic movie threads, but it’s been cool seeing the board come together to recognize Dean.  Thank you to everyone who has made this board a big part of so many people’s fandom and lives!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

TODAY'S THE DAY!!

i'm pretty pumped for the show tonight. Won't be attending live, but excited nonetheless. Thanks to ACTION Wrestling and @Phil and @Jacey and anyone else involved in putting this together.

see y'all in @NikoBaltimore's discord chat at show time!!

• Like 5

I am so excited for DEAN~! Going to be a great celebration of not just Dean himself, but the joy of professional wrestling as a weirdo subculture. Can’t wait to meet you all there! 

No Riot, No Peace!

• Like 6

Also, how crude can we act tonight? I am not a fan of being crude. But I remember a road report where Dean went to some horrible show and reported he screamed “My mom wants her clit ring back” at a wrestler. That is high end heckling. I used my own variation of that at a Phillies playoff game this year when I screamed at an umpire that I hope his wife’s clit ring didn’t give her an infection. This is the only time I have ever used that phrase in my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Does IWTV allow you to start a show in progress from the beginning?  

No, it doesn't. You can't pause or rewind a live stream, only a VoD.

• Thanks 2

I came for the same question above.

This is easily the show I’m most excited about this week. I hope Slim J finishes his story! Envious of all you set to attend. Dean rules the motherfucking universe!

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Also, how crude can we act tonight? I am not a fan of being crude. But I remember a road report where Dean went to some horrible show and reported he screamed “My mom wants her clit ring back” at a wrestler. That is high end heckling. I used my own variation of that at a Phillies playoff game this year when I screamed at an umpire that I hope his wife’s clit ring didn’t give her an infection. This is the only time I have ever used that phrase in my life. 

I don't want to restrict anyone's freedom of expression, but I also recall a road report where Dean ended up being offended by crude (and homophobic?) promos from the wrestlers.  (Maybe an Ian Rotten show?)  Dean was a family man, and I am bringing a neighbor who is pro wrestling-curious, as well as the neighbor's 18-year-old son.  So I'm all for enthusiasm and audience participation, even colorful audience participation, but I hope it doesn't get embarrassing for me.  If anyone feels the need to cover my ears, I'll be in a front-row seat wearing a Ken the Box DVDVR shirt.  Can't wait to see the show and some old friends, and honor the memory of Dean!

• Like 1

That was an MCW show, and yes it was Axl Rotten. Dean, the Phils and everyone went to that and it was really bad because there were little kids there, figuring out how to flip off people even though they didn't know how to (like holding their fingers up to do it), just totally uncalled for filth. I think considering the content of the show as long as you aren't saying some really egregious stuff you'll be okay. Just take the temperature of the room and see if there are any kids there. Be smart. 

Slim J is gonna get a lot of love tonight. It would be nice if he got a lucha rain of money at the end of the match. I'm not sure if that would be viewed as respectful or mocking his situation however.

Also wondering if there are title changes! I'll see y'all in the chat.

• Like 3