DVDVR Message Board

WORLDS END - 12/30/2023

Dolfan in NYC

It's the end of the world as we know it.... and I feel fine! 

a3d633c903b62a7f27abba06c23fad21.gif

THE CARD~

FOR THE AEW CHAMPIONSHIP - MJF (c) vs. Samoa Joe

FOR THE AEW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Timeless Toni Storm (c) vs. Riho

FINALS OF THE CONTINENTAL CLASSIC TOURNAMENT FOR THE INAUGURAL TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP - Jon Moxley vs.  Eddie Kingston 

*FOR THE FTW CHAMPIONSHIP - Hook (c) vs. Wheeler Yuta

FOR THE TBS CHAMPIONSHIP - Julia Hart (c) vs. Abadon

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH FOR THE TNT CHAMPIONSHIP - Christian Cage (c) vs. Adam Copeland

*20 MAN BATTLE ROYALE FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE TNT CHAMPIONSHIP

Miro vs. Andrade El Idolo

Swerve Strickland vs. Keith Lee

*Kris Statlander vs. Williow Nightingale

Kyle Fletcher / Powerhouse Hobbs / Big Bill / Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho / Sammy Guevara / Darby Allin / Sting

Claudio Castagnoli / Bryan Danielson / Daniel Garcia / Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal / Jay White / RUSH / Brody King

--

* - Pre Match Show

• Like 2

Show is right on track for the usual "They haven't set up a damn thing for a ppv 2 weeks away, what kind of operation is this?" -> "The final card looks decent, I might check it out." -> "That was an awesome show, totally over-delivered." AEW ppv routine.

Matches I expect to be added:

Golden Jets vs. Ricky and Bill for the tag titles

FTR vs. HOB (Malakai and Buddy)

Julia vs. Abadon for the TBS title

Toni vs. Riho for the women's title

Penta/Komander/Vikingo vs. Top Flight

Copeland vs. Christian with some kind of gimmick

Menard/Saraya vs. Parker/Ruby

I expect the CC Finals to be Swerve/Danielson, and then have Mox/Claudio/Wheeler vs. OC/Hook/Beretta, but I'd love to see them go Swerve/Brody with  Danielson and Romero added to tag.

• Like 1

The Strong belts might be on the way out, there’s a good chance the Strong tag belts are gonna be unified with the IWGP Tag belts at WK, so NJPW might not care too much if the Strong belt gets unified into something that doesn’t matter too much. With the CC happening during the World Tag League, New Japan might be willing to send an upper card guy over next year to participate.

I so badly want to go to this but you know the show isn't ending until at least midnight and last train back to NYC from Hempstead is a little after 1am. You do not want to end up in Hempstead overnight for 4 hours, trust me. Public transportation totally sucks for the Coliseum. 

• Like 5

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WORLDS END - 12/30/2023

Considering there are now a bunch of guys with no actual match on the PPV, due to not making to the finals of Continental Classic, there's a good possibility that the 20-man battle royal for the TNT-title shot could be REALLY loaded!

Bryan, Claudio, RUSH, Briscoe, White, Brody, Hangman (not in the tourney, but not booked, either) and a bunch of others.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 4:40 PM, sabremike said:

I so badly want to go to this but you know the show isn't ending until at least midnight and last train back to NYC from Hempstead is a little after 1am. You do not want to end up in Hempstead overnight for 4 hours, trust me. Public transportation totally sucks for the Coliseum. 

Been there.  Done that.  Got stuck at a tiny store waiting for a Greyhound and it took 10 hours until the next bus came.  I’m pretty sure I died there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

My guess is no Danielson on the show as he's wrestling Okada in Japan on 1/4.  He's not a machine.

Moxley is wrestling on 1/4 too. 

This obviously means Mox is better than Danielson.

• Like 2

I really hope they don't re-do the Full Gear main event of a hobbled MJF still being able to hold his own for a competitive match with a fresh opponent. Not wanting him to lose in his hometown is one thing, but they've kind of booked themselves into a corner with this one. He should lose via shenanigans then return with no advance notice for an amazing pop. With how bad most of the booking has been lately I'm not holding out a large amount of hope for something logical.